B. Pharmacy (Lateral Entry) is an undergraduate post-Diploma three years course in Pharmacy (approved by PCI) with intake capacity of 10 seats. Upon graduation, the graduates will receive a 'Bachelor of Pharmacy' degree. After obtaining this degree, graduates can begin to practice as Pharmacists in India and abroad. One of the main functions of a pharmacist is to provide patients with medication. It is clear from this fact that B. Pharm study focuses on the study of biology, pharmaceutical chemistry, biochemistry, medicine, physiology, pharmacology, dispensing and so on. This course prepares the students for various roles in the pharmaceutical industry. With their knowledge of medicine and biology graduates can perform tasks such as providing appropriate medication to the patients, do medical research or work in pharmaceutical companies etc.
Eligibility Criteria & Duration
- A candidate can pursue a Master of Pharmacy degree, which includes specialisations such aspharmacognosy and pharmacology.
- After earning a Pharmacy degree and registering with the state Pharmacy Council, a person can open his or her own Pharmacy or Chemist Shop.
- Flexibility in choosing a career from research, clinic, marketing.
- Helps in building a strong background in basic science, management, and engineering related subjects.
- Extensive training in research approaches, instrumental techniques, developing fields, and industrial operations.
Pharmacy graduates are employed in industry govern by private sector organizations such as, pharmaceutical companies , food & drink companies and cosmetics companies; where they can work in several areas such as, research and development, quality assurance, quality control, marketing, sales and management. There are other types of employment that can a pharmacy graduate can do such as: • Join as a military pharmacist in the Armed. • An academic pharmacist in Universities and research institutions. • A veterinary pharmacist for various specialist practices, university veterinary schools, the pharmaceutical industry, government departments and agencies such as the Veterinary Medicines Directorate.
- Work as a community or hospital pharmacist.
- As Drug Inspector or Health Inspector.