Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics is a part of the Food & Nutrition field in the Home Science branch. This program aims to provide a complete scientific understanding about the nutrition and the strategies for improving the patient care. It covers clinical nutrition topics and helps the students in learning how the diet impacts on the health of an individual. This program is perfect for those are willing to pursue an academic career in the food & science field.
This programme, offered by the Home Science department of SoHMCT, is a perfect fit for those who have a peering mind, interested to work well in a team and are passionate about the health and the fitness.
1. Students learn about the Diet Counselling. 3. Students learn about the healthy foods and how to modify Methods of the cooking to make a Dish Healthy. 4. Students are given an in-depth knowledge of Therapeutic Nutrition. 5. In the last semester of the program students go through the internship program. 6. Students gain knowledge on the different types of nutrition required at different stages such as Pregnancy, Lactation, Infancy, Childhood, Old age, Teen age etc. 7. Overall skill development of the students is done through interactive sessions on: Time Management, Decision Making, Problem Solving, Leadership and Operations Management.
B.Sc. (Home Science- Clinical Nutrition and dietetics) graduates can choose from a variety of professional prospects such as: 1. Professional Dietician in hospitals and specialty clinics. 2. Dieticians in Gyms. 3. Food Analyst in Food Industries. 4. Food Inspector. 5. Child development officer. 6. Nutritionist. 7. Health care companies. 8. Administrators of Industrial Canteens and other specialties. 9. Can work as a Lecturer in colleges and Universities. 10. Can work in NGOs.
|Academic||Year||Tution Fee||Book Bank||NPTEL||Examination||Fee Total|
|BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (HOME SCIENCE - CLINICAL NUTRITION & DIETETICS)||3 years||21000||2000||Semester Pattern||36000|
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO-1 To demonstrate leadership competency to become a professional Dietitian leading to a successful career.
- PEO-2 Graduates will pursue lifelong learning in generating New Products using entrepreneurial skills.
- PEO-3 To possess a professional attitude as an individual or a team member with Professional Ethics.
- PEO-4 To acquire the basic knowledge and expertise necessary for professional practice in the field of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- PEO-5 Socially committed Nutritional Educators in various institutions.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: To reflect universal and domain-specific values in the field of Science.
- PO2: To develop the ability to address the complexities and interface among self, societal and national priorities in the field of Nutrition.
- PO3: To promote research, innovation, and design development favoring all the disciplines in the field of Science.
- PO4: Enhance digital literacy and apply them to engage in real-time problem-solving and ideation related to all fields of Home Science.
- PO5: To describe the importance of various foods and their Nutritive Value, and place them in daily diet.
- PO6: To Understand the Health benefits of different foods.
- PO7: To develop comprehensive and analytical skills in Food industries and Health Sectors.
- PO8: To understand and also acquire knowledge to develop entrepreneurial skills.
Programme Specific Outcome (PSO's)
- PSO1: To understand the role of Nutrition and Dietetics for the welfare of the Society
- PSO2: To enhance people's capacity for social functioning towards a better quality of life.
- PSO3: To understand and also acquire knowledge to develop entrepreneurial skills.
- PSO4: To have in-depth knowledge and excel in the area of personal and Public Health Nutrition.
- PSO5: To develop the ability in Planning Extension Programme.