Ph.D. (Chemistry), Department of Chemistry, University of Delhi, Delhi, 2013
M.Sc. (Chemistry), Kirori Mal College, University of Delhi, Delhi, 2007
B.Sc. (Hns.) Chemistry, Kirori Mal College, University of Delhi, Delhi, 2005
SUBJECTS TAUGHT / STUDENT PROJECT MENTOR
1. School of Basic Science & Technology, IIMT University, Meerut, India (March 2021-Present), Assistant Professor Chemistry
2. Department of Chemical Engineering, IIT Delhi, New Delhi, India, Post-Doctorate (April 2013 – March 2018); Advisor: Prof. Suddhasatwa Basu, FNASc, FICS, Ex-Director CSIR-IMMT, Bhubneshwar
3. Department of Chemistry, Kirori Mal College, University of Delhi, Delhi, India (Aug 2017- Apr 2018 & Apr 2019 – Apr 2020), Guest Faculty
4. Ph. D. Research, Department of Chemistry, University of Delhi, India, (Sept 2007 – Jan 2013); Supervisor: Prof. Rama Kant, FNA, FNASc
RESEARCH & PUBLICATIONS
1. “Theory of Absorbance Transients of an Optically Transparent Rough Electrode”, Rama Kant, and Md. Merajul Islam, J. Phys. Chem. C 114, 2010, 19357. (ISSN No.: 1932 - 7447). Impact Factor = 4.177
2. “Generalization of the Anson Equation for Fractal and Nonfractal Rough Electrodes”, Md. Merajul Islam, and Rama Kant, Electrochim. Acta 56, 2011, 4467. (ISSN No.: 0013 - 4686). Impact Factor = 7.336
3. “Theory of Single Potential Step Absorbance Transient at an Optically Transparent Rough and Finite Fractal Electrode: EC’ Mechanism”, Rama Kant, and Md. Merajul Islam, J. Electroanal. Chem. 713, 2014, 82. (ISSN No.: 1572-6657). Impact Factor = 4.598
4. “Theory of Electrochemical Chronocoulometry of a Pseudo First Order Catalytic Process at a Rough Electrode”, Md. Merajul Islam and Rama Kant, J. Indian Chem. Soc., 94, 2017, 1279. (ISSN No.: 0019-4522). Impact Factor = 0.284
5. “Effect of morphology and pH on (Photo)electrochemical Degradation of Methyl Orange Using TiO2/Ti Mesh Photocathode under Visible light”, Md. Merajul Islam and Suddhasatwa Basu, J. Environ. Chem. Engg. 3, 2015, 2323. (ISSN No.: 2213-3437). Impact Factor = 7.968
6. “Understanding Photoelectrochemical Degradation of Methyl Orange Using TiO2/Ti mesh photocathode under visible light”, Md. Merajul Islam and Suddhasatwa Basu, J. Environ. Chem. Engg. 4, 2016, 3554. (ISSN No.: 2213-3437). Impact Factor = 7.968
7. “Synthesis of g-C3N4/ZnGa1.9Al0.1O4 Heterojunction Using Narrow and Wide-band gap Material for Enhanced Photoelectrochemical Water Splitting, Md. Merajul Islam, Rama Devi Tentu and Suddhasatwa Basu, ChemistrySelect, 3, 2018, 486. (ISSN NO.: 2365 - 6549). Impact Factor = 2.307
8. “Enhanced Visible-light Driven Activity of Sodium, Calcium and Aluminium Inserted g-C3N4”, Md. Merajul Islam, Rama Devi Tentu, Mohammad Asif Ali and Suddhasatwa Basu, ChemistrySelect, 3, 2018, 11241. (ISSN NO.: 2365 - 6549). Impact Factor = 2.307
9. “Sustainable Water Splitting Using Nanotechnology for Hydrogen Production: A Review”, Md. Merajul Islam, Neha Saxena and Amina Nafees, Accepted, Springer Nature Proceedings, 2023.
10. “Application of salts, alkalis and nanoparticles for reducing adsorption loss of anionic surfactant for the applica-tion in enhanced oil recovery (EOR)”, Neha Saxena and Md. Merajul Islam, Accepted, Springer Nature Proceedings, 2023.
11. “Surfactant-based remediation for removal of environmental pollutants: A review”, Neha Saxena, Md. Merajul Islam, Sainu Baliyan and Deepa Sharma, Under Revision, RSC Sustainability 2022.
12. “Photocatalytic degradation of dyes presents in industrial effluents: A review”, Md. Merajul Islam, Sanjiev Kumar, Neha Saxena and Amia Nafees, Accepted, ChemistrySelect 2023.
13. “Tailored Bio-nanomaterials electrodes for bioelectricity generation”, Dr. Md. Merajul Islam, Book Chapter in “Innovative and Sustainable Approach of Bionanotechnology Towards Green Energy”, Edited by Dr. Shubha Dwivedi & Dr. Naveen Dwivedi, CRC Press (Tayler & Francis Group), 2023.
14. “Nanotechnology for water splitting: A sustainable way to generate hydrogen”, Dr. Md. Merajul Islam and Dr. Amina Nafees, Book Chapter in “Modern Nanotechnology – Sustainable Energy and Environmental Applications”, Edited by Dr. Junaid Malik and Dr. Mohammad Jaffer Sadiq M, Published by Springer Nature, 2023.
15. “Biofuels”, “Microfluidic technologies in petroleum enginnering”, Dr. Md. Merajul Islam and Dr. Amina Nafees, Book Chapter in Microfluidic technologies in petroleum enginnering” Edited by Dr. Seim Taimung, Mr. Bhalchandra Shinghan and Dr. Mohammad Shahid U N, published by Wiley, Submitted, 2022.
16. “Application of different physical and chemical methodologies for the synthesis of different types of value-added materials”, Dr. Md. Merajul Islam and Dr. Amina Nafees, Book chapter in “Agricultural Biomass for the Synthesis of Value- Added Materials” to be published by CRC Press, USA; edited by Sankha Chakrabortty, Jayato Nayak, Shirsendu Banerjee, Maulin P Shah. Submitted March 2023.
PROJECTS COMPLETED/ UNDERGOING
1. Project Completed; Funding Agency: CSIR-New Delhi, Govt. of India
Project Title: Development of Novel Photocatalysts for Photoelectrochemical and Photocatalytic Applications. Duration: 2 Years 9 Months; Amount Sanctioned: Rs. 14.34 Lakhs
2. Project Submitted; Funding Agency: CST UP Lucknow, Govt. of UP
Project Title: Phytoremediation for Sustainable Treatment of Livestock Effluent.
Duration: 3 Years; Amount: Rs. 30.36 Lakhs
Indian Society of Analytical Scientists – Delhi Chapter (ISAS-DC)
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
1. July 2017-Mar 2018: Research Associate, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, India
2. Oct 2014-Jun 2017: CSIR-Research Associate, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, India
3. Feb 2017: Awarded Best Poster Presentation in the “Recent Advancement in Functional Materials and Nanotechnology (RAFMN-2017)”, Organized by Department of Chemistry, NIT-Patna, Bihar, India
4. Apr 2014-Sept 2014: Research Associate, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, India
5. Apr 2013-Mar 2014: CSIR-Senior Research Fellowship Extended, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, India
6. Feb 2012: Awarded Best Poster Presentation in the 14th National Symposium in Chemistry and 6th CRSI-RSC Symposium in Chemistry jointly organized by National Institute for Interdisciplinary Science and Technology (CSIR-NIIST) and Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER-TVM), Trivendrum, India
7. Apr 2012-Dec 2012: CSIR- Senior Research Fellowship, University of Delhi, Delhi, India