IIMT University Meerut is the best private university in Delhi NCR which offers the best PG course in Arts & Humanities known as M.A. Psychology. It is a two years programme that includes the study of human behaviour, emotions and psyche. The course benefits the learners to know emotional and behavioural issues and a training to treat them in multiple contexts. The students get comprehensive knowledge to learn behavioural aspect of mind and the causes behind it. General Psychology, Clinical Psychology, Industrial Psychology, Health Psychology, Counselling, Experimental Psychology, Psychopathology, Psychological Research and Testing and Application of Psychology etc. are the key areas to be studied in a Master programme of Psychology.
MA (Psychology) has a very promising future as there is an increasing demand for professional psychologists. The School of Arts & Humanities is committed to providing quality education to the students with its competent faculty members and modern teaching pedagogies. The course curriculum is carefully designed with structured lesson plans and a blend of activities to make the learning more effective and efficient. IIMTU Meerut, the best placement university in U.P. provides its students with excellent job opportunities in the different psychology related fields.
- Experienced & Highly Qualified faculties with Prolific Knowledge.
- Well- Equipped Library, Digital Campus with 24/7 Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Curriculum at par with all the contemporary needs.
- Formal Lectures, Assignments, Presentations.
- Guest Lectures, Live Projects, Case Studies, Research.
- Flipped classes, Lab sessions, Smart Classes, ICT Lab, E- Learning Resource.
- Workshops/ Seminars/Conferences/FDP.
- Placement oriented Trainings and industrial Visits.
- Summer Trainings / Internships
- Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) / National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL)/ Study Webs of Active-Learning for Young Aspiring Minds (SWAYAM)/ Spoken Tutorials.
- Self Enhancement Courses.
- Employment Enhancement Courses.
- Literary club, Eco Club, Sports Club, Students' grievance Cell, USR Camps, NCC etc.
A student with a Master’s degree in Psychology can work as:-
- Educational Psychologist.
- Psychology Professor.
- Research Psychologist.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO-1 To develop an informed community equipped with sound knowledge and skills to cope up towards academic excellence and increase the knowledge base aimed at enhancing their professional competence.
- PEO-2 To nurture professional skills, communication skills, conversational skills, entrepreneurial skills, leadership and organizational skills while developing a sense of social responsibility.
- PEO-3 To Promote innovation and research by instilling a sense of independent and critical thinking with sensitivity to social needs.
- PEO-4 To understand social responsibility, constitutional spirit and democratic ethos through nurturing citizenship values and multicultural understanding among the students.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Development of a foundational understanding in the area of research specialization.
- PO2: Critically evaluate strengths and limitations of published research.
- PO3: Critically evaluate strengths and limitations of published research.
- PO4: Thesis option: Development of strong research skills.
Programme Specific Outcome (PSO's)
- PSO1: To develop sound disciplinary knowledge in their particular areas such as industrial-organizational or clinical psychology, social psychology, behavioural psychology, Counselling, Psychometric and Research.
- PSO2: To foster positive attributes such as empathy, compassion, self awareness, social participation, and accountability amongst the learners.
- PSO3: To learn and understand the research and psychometric knowledge in their selected fields of specialization.
- PSO4: To develop an in-depth understanding of research tools, methodology, and ethical research practices.