PhD Biotechnology is a Doctorate course of about 3-5 years time duration. In this course student mainly deals with the research work. The main area of study in PhD course is about Research Methodology, Scientific Communication, Recent Trends in Biotechnology and many others.
In SoLST we have full time as well as part time PhD course available for students. Full time course duration is about 3 years and part time is of about 5 years.
- Research based doctoral course.
- Students learn and conduct research on how to produce new organic product.
- This course trains the students in biological techniques.
- Laboratories have each and every instrument needed for research.
- Researchers gain hands on experience on various techniques.
- Online courses like NPTEL and MOOCS also run in the department.
Job roles after completing Ph.D. are:
- Assistant Professor,
- Medical Scientists and many more.