The Master of Physiotherapy in Neurology at IIMT University is a postgraduate program designed to provide advanced knowledge and practical skills in the field of physiotherapy, with a focus on neuro-rehabilitation. This course is aimed at physiotherapy professionals who wish to further develop their expertise and enhance their career prospects in the area of neurological physiotherapy.
The course curriculum includes theoretical and practical aspects of neuro-rehabilitation, with a strong emphasis on evidence-based practice. Students will learn about the anatomy and physiology of the nervous system, as well as the pathophysiology of neurological conditions. They will also develop advanced skills in the assessment and management of patients with neurological conditions, including the use of therapeutic techniques and equipment.
The course is taught by experienced physiotherapy professionals who are experts in the field of neuro-rehabilitation. Students will have access to state-of-the-art facilities, including well-equipped laboratories and clinics, where they can gain hands-on experience in treating patients with neurological conditions.
Upon completion of the course, graduates will have a thorough understanding of the principles and practices of neuro-rehabilitation, and will be able to apply this knowledge to a range of clinical settings. They will also be well-equipped to pursue research in the field of neurological physiotherapy.
The Master of Physiotherapy in Neurology at IIMT University is a comprehensive program that offers students the opportunity to develop advanced skills and knowledge in the field of neurological physiotherapy. With a strong focus on practical experience and evidence-based practice, this course provides graduates with the expertise they need to make a real difference in the lives of patients with neurological conditions.
Here are some highlights of the Master of Physiotherapy in Neurology at IIMT University:
- Advanced knowledge and practical skills in the field of neurological physiotherapy.
- Strong emphasis on evidence-based practice, with a focus on the assessment and management of patients with neurological conditions.
- Curriculum covers the anatomy and physiology of the nervous system, as well as the pathophysiology of neurological conditions.
- Taught by experienced physiotherapy professionals who are experts in the field of neuro-rehabilitation.
- Access to state-of-the-art facilities, including well-equipped laboratories and clinics for hands-on experience in treating patients with neurological conditions.
- Opportunity to pursue research in the field of neurological physiotherapy.
The Master of Physiotherapy in Neurology at IIMT University provides graduates with advanced skills and knowledge in the field of neurological physiotherapy, which can lead to a range of career prospects. Some potential career paths include:
- Neurological physiotherapist in hospitals, rehabilitation centers, and private clinics
- Researcher in the field of neurological physiotherapy
- Academics and educator in physiotherapy institutions
- Consultant or specialist in the area of neurological rehabilitation
- Leadership roles in healthcare organizations, such as managers or administrators.
|Academic||Year||Tution Fee||Book Bank||NPTEL||Examination||Fee Total|
|MASTER OF PHYSIOTHERAPY (NEURO)||2 years||50000||Annual Pattern||65500|
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO-1 Career objective : To Develop and create a competent physiotherapist who will utilize and practice professional principles of physiotherapy in self practice, hospitals, government and non-government organizations, academics, research institutes and cooperate settings.
- PEO-2 CAREER ASPECTS : Integrate knowledge of basic sciences and physiotherapy in order to modify treatment approaches that reflect the depth and scope of physiotherapy practice and clinical competency in evaluation, treatment planning and implementation
- PEO-3 The graduates will become employable, successful entrepreneur as an outcome of Industry-Academia collaboration.
- PEO-4 The graduates will embrace professional code of ethics while providing solution to multidisciplinary social problems in industrial, entrepreneurial and research environment to demonstrate leadership qualities.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Acquire the in-depth knowledge of structure and function of human body related to the respective branch( Cardiopulmonary, Neurology, Sports medicine and Orthopedics) of specialty.
- PO2: Acquire the in depth knowledge of movement dysfunction of human body, causes and principles underlying the use of physio therapeutic interventions, for restoring movement dysfunction towards normalcy.
- PO3: Demonstrate ability to critically appraise recent physio therapeutic and related medical literature from journals, adopt diagnostic and therapeutic procedures based on it.
- PO4: Demonstrate the skill in Physical and functional diagnosis pertaining to patient under care.
- PO5: Demonstrate the ability to make clinical decision and select appropriate outcome measures based on comprehensive knowledge of theoretical aspects of specialty.
Programme Specific Outcome (PSO's)
- PSO1: To promote health education and improved quality of life through socially accepted and ethical practice of the profession.
- PSO2: Develop the ability to collect history, relevant clinical assessment and frame appropriate electrotherapeutic and exercise therapy management for the patients.
- PSO3: Demonstrate clinical decision making ability and provide appropriate treatment.
- PSO4: Able to council the patient, family and students regarding all necessary aspect of physiotherapy treatment protocol.
- PSO5: Work effectively in various field like hospitals rehabilitation centers special school health and fitness center consultant in different sector such as corporate home care services industrial sector private consultation and sport injuries management.
- PSO6: the ability to compile and present research results, preparation of a pro position for the masters degree projects, identification of relevant area formulating the problem. Choice of research methods collecting and analyzing data ethical consideration in research presentation of results and participation in working in examinations seminar.
- PSO7: Advance knowledge of physiotherapy and the ability for formulate problems.