M.com or Master of commerce is a 2year post-graduate degree ideal for the ones looking forward towards pursuing their careers in banking, accounting, financial services, investment as well as economics and marketing. It allows the students to work in almost all the sectors of the economy.
Since it is specialized course in itself, only those candidates who have pursued B.Com or B.Com-H can apply.
- Top 3rd emerging business school among INDIA
- Guest lectures, Student Development Programs, Seminars
- SWAYAM – NPTEL courses by IIT and IIM faculties
- Entrepreneurship Minor certifications
- Summer Internship Programs
- Dedicated lectures from PDP trainers
- Online and Offline meetings with Industry Experts
- Streamlined Database of Indian Economy by CMIE Database
- Official visits to industries by commerce aspirants
- Research Projects on latest happenings in business environment.
M.Com is a completely flexible direction and offers the scholars to pick out their careers in numerous fields. M.Com is likewise an excellent alternative for CA/CS applicants. There are multiple profiles for Post graduates of Commerce like Accountant/Senior Accountant, Assistant Manager, Cashier/Teller, Chartered Accountant, Bank Manager, Securities Analyst, Share Broker, Wealth Manager, Teacher, and Researcher and so on…
|Academic||Year||Tution Fee||Book Bank||NPTEL||Examination||Fee Total|
|MASTER OF COMMERCE||2 years||12000||1000||3600||Semester Pattern||24600|
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO-1 Acquire in-depth knowledge of Commerce discipline, including wider and global perspectives, with an ability to discriminate, evaluate, analyze and synthesize existing and new knowledge, and integration of the same for enhancement of knowledge
- PEO-2 Become well versed and competent in the core concepts of the Programme.
- PEO-3 Contribute to the creation, transmission and application of knowledge in the field of Commerce and other related fields adapting to a rapidly changing environment through lifelong learning.
- PEO-4 Become with professional integrity and humanitarian values to fulfill the societal needs at regional, state, national and global levels
- PEO-5 Attain higher levels of proficiency for a successful career in commerce, the industry and entrepreneurship with adequate theoretical knowledge about the core and domain disciplines
- PEO-6 Demonstrate professional competence to pursue higher studies, research, life-long learning for continuous growth and development
- PEO-7 Integrate all the areas of business activity, in a quest to develop the most reliable strategies, that successfully achieve the objectives of a company in an international environment
- PEO-8 Pursue a career and further their studies in the area of analytics for life-long learning and continuous professional growth and development
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Communicate with society at large, regarding complex managerial activities confidently and effectively, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design
- PO2: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in life-long learning independently, with a high level of enthusiasm and commitment to improve knowledge and competence continuously.
- PO3: The students will acquire the knowledge, skill in different areas of communication, decision making, innovations and problem solving in day to day business activities.
- PO4: Students can also get the practical skills to work as accountant, audit assistant, tax consultant, and computer operator, as well as other financial supporting services..
- PO5: Students will learn relevant Advanced accounting career skills, applying both quantitative and qualitative knowledge to their future careers in business.
- PO6: By goodness of the preparation they can turn into a Manager, Accountant, Management Accountant, cost Accountant, Bank Manager, Auditor, Company Secretary, Teacher, Professor, Stock Agents, Government employees and so on.
- PO7: Display commitment towards professional and intellectual integrity, professional code of conduct, ethics of research and scholarship, consideration of the impact of research outcomes on professional practices and an understanding of responsibility to contribute to the community for sustainable development of society
- PO8: Fostering social awareness and comprehending CSR, ethical, and sustainable business practices Show consideration for social, moral, and environmental issues.
Programme Specific Outcome (PSO's)
- PSO1: After completing the course, the graduate will have strong basics in M.Com which will help him/her to pursue either higher studies or seek employment in financial field. The strong foundation knowledge will help the graduate to become, a talented administrator, a brilliant academician, a successful manager or even an entrepreneur.
- PSO2: The curriculum and syllabus have been framed in such a way to impart desire to the graduate to acquire knowledge, on continuous basis even after completing the program. This would help the graduate to excel in the line of profession he/she has chosen.
- PSO3: Identify a timely opportunity and using business innovation to pursue that opportunity to create value and wealth for the betterment of the individual and society at large
- PSO4: Think originally, conceptualize and solve Business problems, evaluate a wide range of potential solutions for those problems and arrive at feasible, optimal solutions after considering public health and safety, cultural, societal and environmental factors in the core areas of expertise at the national and international levels.
- PSO5: Cultivate the broad knowledge of business namely, Financial, taxation, managerial, marketing and legal issues
- PSO6: Be knowledgeable and skillful in launching independent enterprises in adherence to sound ethical values of business.
- PSO7: Experiment and prepare programming concepts and provide new ideas and innovations towards research and societal issues.
- PSO8: Familiarise the concepts of accounting and its branches-cost accounting and management accounting, finance, marketing, organizational behavior, managerial economics, quantitative techniques for business decisions and analyse the importance of these areas for placing business entity in right perspective.
- PSO9: Acquire knowledge in the field of tax planning and management, personality development, e-commerce, international financial management, e-banking operations and obtain skills in the field of cost and management accounting for arriving at concrete decisions for prosperity of business
- PSO10: Understand the business practices and principles relating to Financial, Cost, Management and Corporate Accounting