Ph.D. refers to a doctorate with an academic emphasis. A Ph.D. programme typically lasts three years at IIMT University, and candidates are provided five to six years to finish the programme at the most. PhD coursework is the essential part of the program as per the UGC rules and regulation. This provides basic training to the scholars and prepares them for research. Ethics in publishing and research are essential components of its coursework. Knowledge of many forms of research or scientific ethics is provided by this subject. Additionally, the department incorporated research methodology as a fundamental component of the course work that provides training in the fundamentals of doing research. In a Ph.D. course, candidates must choose a topic or subject and conduct R & D on it. Chemistry department offers Ph.D. in all the three branches such as organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry and physical chemistry. The programme is available in regular and part-time mode also.
- Academically excellent faculties with vast knowledge of research.
- Department will provide PhD supervisor with mutual consent of the candidates.
- To facilitate part-time mode, weekend course work classes can be arranged.
- Progress of research is monitored by DRC and RDC with annual report.
- UGC regulations are strictly followed.
- Regular conduction of seminars, conferences, workshops and guest lectures.
- Career in teaching and research
- Chemist scientist in Pharmaceutical and Chemical industries
- As scientist in ASI/GSI govt. of India
- Career as a scientist in Forensic Science
- Consultant in intellectual property, health and safety, etc.
- Project scientist in DST,CSIR, UGC, DBT, etc. funded projects