Bachelor of Arts (BA) equips the students with the skills and knowledge necessary to excel in their professional careers and in other spheres of life in which they are expected to make a contribution. With established and distinguished faculties, the SoAH department is acknowledged for service and academic excellence. The School of Arts & Humanities at IIMTU, the Best Private University in U.P provides support systems and resources for students that are not only user-friendly, efficient and effective but also are motivational and inspirational. SoAH provides modern teaching techniques, innovative programmes, training, research projects, case studies and critically thinking results in producing professionals who are highly competent and ready to perform challenging roles.
The course curriculum has been strategically designed to provide a systematic learning to the students. The entire curriculum is divided into 3 broad categories:
A candidate is required to undertake any one language subject and any two Social Sciences subjects from the list below:
- Political Science
- B.A. First Year – Compulsory Course on Bhartiya Sanskriti and Rashtra Gaurav.
- B.A. Second Year - Course on Communication and Writing skills in English / Hindi shall be studied.
The candidate is required to score a minimum of 40% of marks in foundation course in each year. If the candidate fails in any one of the foundation course he/she will be provisionally promoted to the next year. However, it is essential to pass the foundation courses to complete the BA program.
A candidate is required to compulsorily qualify these subjects in each year. He/ She should obtain a minimum of 40% marks in these subjects. However; these marks will not be added for calculating the division.
- First Year - Sports and Physical Education
- Second Year - General Awareness
- Third Year - Environmental Studies
- Formal Lectures, Assignments, Presentations.
- Review, Analyse, Evaluate.
- Guest Lectures, Live Projects, Case Studies, Research.
- Flipped classes, Lab sessions, Smart Classes, ICT Lab, E- Learning Resource.
- Workshops/ Seminars/Conferences/FDP.
- Placement oriented Trainings and industrial Visits.
- Summer Trainings / Internships
- Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) / National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL)/ Study Webs of Active-Learning for Young Aspiring Minds (SWAYAM)/ Spoken Tutorials.
- Self Enhancement Courses.
- Employment Enhancement Courses.
- Literary Club, Eco Club, Sports Club, Students’ grievance Cell.
Gone are the days when the Humanities students had a limited scope and options in career field after completing BA. Now a BA student can get any job he/she desires. Some popular job profiles that candidates can pursue after a BA course are:-
- Civil Services sector as; an IAS (Indian Administrative Service) officer or as an IFS (Indian Foreign Services) officer.
- Other popular choices are; Political Scientist, Social Server, Teacher, Archaeologist, Historian, Heritage Conservator, Economist, Counsellors, Statistician, Analyst, Librarian, Museum Curator/Manager, Researchers, Foreign Language Experts, Literature Reviewer and Public Relation Manager etc.
|Academic||Year||Tution Fee||Book Bank||NPTEL||Examination||Fee Total|
|BACHELOR OF ARTS||3 years||10000||1000||1100||Semester Pattern||21100|
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO-1 Facilitate sound basic knowledge of Arts and Humanities via innovative educational practices and make students ready for higher education and for other competitive examinations.
- PEO-2 To develop a sense of commitment towards self- determined goals, motivation, self discipline and inculcate social responsibilities.
- PEO-3 Inculcate a spirit of excellence in academics and a positive attitude for performing excellently in personal and professional life.
- PEO-4 Nurture entrepreneurial bent of mind, leadership and organizational skills, and ability to coordinate and work in teams.
- PEO-5 To develop such kind of skills entrepreneurship skills, team skills, leadership skills and organisational skills are paramountly needed to make their successful career in the field of Arts and Humanities.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Provide knowledge and understanding in humanities and Social Sciences.
- PO2: Develop Critical and analytical skills to identify and resolve problems in ever-changing social sciences, linguistics, and literature.
- PO3: Business Economics explores quantitative assessment of business situations to develop professional standards in respective fields.
- PO4: Enhance skills for effective communication.
- PO5: Work with self-esteem, self –reliance and creativity both at workplace and in personal life.
Programme Specific Outcome (PSO's)
- PSO1: The Students will develop fundamental knowledge of English, Social science, political science, economics, Hindi.
- PSO2: The Students will develop critical and analytical thinking of the concepts and will be able to apply the specific knowledge in their respective fields during the academic years.
- PSO3: The Students will be equipped with sound knowledge of the subjects to perform outstandingly in the competitive examination.
- PSO4: The learners will develop higher thinking, expertise and the fundamental knowledge for professional practice.
- PSO5: The learners will be equipped with the intellectual skills, including Communication Skills, motivational skills, collaborative skills, & leadership skills.