B.A. (Hons.) in business Economics is a one of the best UG courses at IIMTU that builds professionalism and promises a bright career. It is a 3 years undergraduate programme that can be pursued directly after Class XII.
School of Arts and Humanities, IIMT University Meerut offers B.A. (Hons.) in Business Economics amidst world class academic settings. The course details upon the key economic theories and concepts in real business situations. Business Economics is the extension of the traditional economics which combines theories of managerial economics & business management. It deals with the study of factors affecting businesses including labour, capital & market and business environment.
The program aims to equip the students with professional tools as well as management principles at graduation level itself and to impart sufficient knowledge in the diverse fields of Economics, Quantitative Techniques, Finance, Econometrics, International Trade, Computers etc.
• Formal Lectures, Assignments, Presentations
• Guest Lectures, Live Projects, Case Studies, Research
• Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) / National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL)/ Study Webs of Active-Learning for Young Aspiring Minds (SWAYAM )/ Spoken Tutorials
• Personality Development Programs, Employment Enhancement Courses, Self Enhancement Courses
• Flipped classes, Lab sessions, Smart Classes, ICT Lab, E- Learning Resource
• Workshops/ Seminars/Conferences/FDP
• Industrial Visits, Summer Trainings, Internships
• Literary club, Eco Club, Sports Club, Students’ grievance Cell, USR Camps
A B.A. Hons student can work as:-
- Investment Analyst.
- Investment Administrator.
- Economic Researcher.
- Cost Estimator.
- Foreign Trade Analyst.
- Financial Service Manager.
- Market Research Analyst.
|Academic||Year||Tution Fee||Book Bank||NPTEL||Examination||Fee Total|
|BACHELOR OF ARTS (HONS) IN BUSINESS ECONOMICS||3 years||15000||1000||1100||Semester Pattern||26100|
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO-1 Facilitate sound basic knowledge of Arts and Humanities via innovative educational practices and make students ready for higher education and for other competitive examinations.
- PEO-2 To develop a sense of commitment towards self- determined goals, motivation, self discipline and inculcate social responsibilities.
- PEO-3 Inculcate a spirit of excellence in academics and a positive attitude for performing excellently in personal and professional life.
- PEO-4 To develop an entrepreneurial bent of mind, leadership, organizational skills, and ability to coordinate and work in the Business world.
- PEO-5 To develop such kinds of skills entrepreneurship skills, team skills, leadership skills, and organizational skills are paramountly needed to make their successful career in the field of Business Economics.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Business Economics is a blend of management, quantitative skills and economics disciplines, students graduating from this programme are expected to display both subject specific and generic skills.
- PO2: Business Economics provides information of key theories and practices in the broad areas of business and economics.
- PO3: Business Economics explores quantitative assessment of business situations to develop professional standards in respective fields.
- PO4: Analyze & synthesize information/data to evaluate business opportunities across the world.
- PO5: Business Economics inculcates professional skills in understanding and identifying the importance of diversity, leadership, and team skills.
- PO6: Core competencies of the course Business Economics (Hons.) such as communication skills for presenting information using appropriate software with ethical integrity.
Programme Specific Outcome (PSO's)
- PSO1: To acquire and develop in depth knowledge about the core concepts in Business Economics.
- PSO2: To equip the students with sound information of quantitative and theoretical aspects of Business Economics.
- PSO3: To encourage the students to know the practical aspects of various theories of Economic growth and development in the context of country’s economic progress.
- PSO4: To provide essential skills related to business strategies, marketing tools accounting, and techniques for a better understanding of Business Economics.
- PSO5: To inculcate effective communication skills, collaborative skills, leadership qualities, and teamwork amongst the learners by involving them in Business and Economy related activities.
- PSO6: To provide live exposure to Business practices through internship/training programs.