To be perfect in his job, a journalist needs right training and guidance from an early age and the best place to do this course is School of Media, Film and Television Studies, IIMT University, Meerut. Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Mass Communication BA-JMC is a three-year undergraduate program that offers CBCS based course divided into six semesters. The student can complete the course in a maximum of five years. The syllabus is developed according to NEP, which consists of Core Paper, Department Specified Optional Paper and General Optional Paper. The BA-JMC program at SoJMC has been strategically designed to meet both, academic and industrial needs of the students, with a primary focus on student’s conceptual, directional and operational skills. Notable areas of study include press history, television program production & presentation, radio program production & communication, public relations, advertising, film studies, news gathering, news writing, editing, reporting, anchoring, and research activities. The BA-JMC curriculum equips students with the best skills, knowledge and values to become the true media professionals. It is not just a course to read, learn and take exams, it is the first step towards a bright career in the limelight industry. IIMT University places great emphasis on entrepreneurship development and hence focuses on developing students for start-up and business skills. By the end of the course, students are ready to start their own company in any of these areas.
• Under this programme students get expertise in Print, Radio, Audio, Television and Films. • BA-JMC opens the door of the media profession in a student’s early age. • SoJMC has well equipped Print editing room, editing studio for Radio & Audio and a Television Studio. • Students will have ample learning opportunities form trainings and internships in prestigious media organizations. • Students will get opportunities of meeting & interacting with eminent professionals and learn from their experience.
|Academic||Year||Tution Fee||Book Bank||NPTEL||Examination||Fee Total|
|BACHELOR OF ARTS (JOURNALISM AND MASS COMMUNICATION)||3 years||35000||2000||1100||Semester Pattern||52100|
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO-1 The program is to equip students with the necessary knowledge and skills to effectively gather, analyze, and present information through various media platforms (print, electronic, digital and film industry).
- PEO-2 To cultivate ethical and professional values of journalism, including fairness, accuracy, objectivity, and sensitivity to diverse perspectives.
- PEO-3 This program is to develop the sense of responsibility in students towards society, environment and cultural. Students will be aware of regional, local, national, and international needs as well as UN sustainable development goals.
- PEO-4 To encourage students for entrepreneurship and create their own media profile such as YouTube channel, Instagram account, twitter account, media production house etc.
- PEO-5 To apply critical thinking skills to analyze social-political issues, media content, identify biases and assess credibility.
- PEO-6 To understand and involved in necessary self-learning activities (NPTEL, online courses, workshops, conferences etc) throughout life, through self-paced and self-directed learning aimed at personal development, up-skill and re-skill.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Students will develop critical understanding about concept, principals and theories of mass communication. Students would able to express knowledge and understanding of journalistic principles, history and practices in various media formats.
- PO2: Students would know the techniques of media form planning to publishing/broadcasting. The porgramme is to developing proficiency in researching, interviewing, writing, editing, and producing content that meets media professional standards.
- PO3: Students will able to create content for all media formats like Print, Radio, Television, films and Digital Media.
- PO4: The program also aims to equip students with technical skills and knowledge of various media tools and software, such as video editing software, graphic design programs, and social media management platforms.
- PO5: Students will have the required public relations and advertising skills for various industry.
- PO6: Students will be familiar with the social responsibilities of media. He/She will able to cater local, regional, national and international needs. This programme will develop skills and sense of belonging to all section of society and encourage to take action for uplifting them.
- PO7: Students will be involved in innovations and new start-ups to go towards entrepreneurship in media field.
- PO8: Students will be sensitive towards environment and social issues. He/She will aware about the sustainable goals of United Nations Organization.
Programme Specific Outcome (PSO's)
- PSO1: The students will have the required skills and techniques for print media like reporting, writing, editing, print software quark express and Indesign etc.
- PSO2: Students would have the creative writing skills for films, radio, television and digital platforms.
- PSO3: Students will develop the sense of how to use the audio-video equipment for creative production.
- PSO4: Students will be familiar with the various media production software.
- PSO5: Students will have known the different thermotical and practical aspects of electronic media production.
- PSO6: Students will have experience of the technical and creative aspects of digital and social media.
- PSO7: Students will acquire the tools and techniques of Public Relations and Advertising.
- PSO8: Students will have sense of the media laws and ethics.
- PSO9: Students will get encouraged for self-employment.
- PSO10: Students will aware of social, cultural and environmental issues.