B.Ed. Programs has been designed to prepare Educators for the 21st Century. The Bachelor of Education programme (B.Ed.) aims at preparing effective secondary school teachers, who are capable of responding to the progressive needs of the modern Indian Society.
This program is a two years (annual) professional program that prepares skilled and trained teachers for the upper primary or middle level (VI-VIII), secondary level (IX-X) classes. The successful completion of this program would lead to the award of a Bachelor Degree of Education. This programme has been approved by NCTE, an apex body for governing and regulating entire teacher Education Programme in India.
This programme enables prospective teachers to understand the nature, purpose and philosophy of the secondary education and to acquire competencies relevant to the specific pedagogies.
Eligibility Criteria & Duration
- Candidate with at least fifty percent (50%) marks in the Bachelor’s Degree / in the Master’s Degree or in other equivalent degree in Sciences/Social Sciences/Humanities.
- A Bachelor degree in Engineering or Technology with specialisation in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto as per NCTE norms.
- 5% relaxation in marks is admissible to SC/ST/OBC/EWS category candidates.
- Reservation if any for SC/ST/OBC/EWS and any other applicable categories shall be as par the rules of the State government.
|Academic||Year||Tution Fee||Book Bank||NPTEL||Examination||Fee Total|
|BACHELOR OF EDUCATION||2 years||47000||2000||Annual Pattern||62000|
- Orientation and Demonstration of micro-teaching, simulation teaching and Macro teaching by using LCD Projector.
- A platform for an internship to learn teaching skills and techniques.
- Extra-curricular activities for all round development of the young minds.
- ICT is used in the curriculum transaction and in the teaching practice.
- Provide remedial teaching for the weak students.
- An appropriate blend of theory and practice teaching
- Well-equipped and well maintained laboratories like: Science, Social Science, Language, Mathematics, ICT, Educational psychology to enhance their teaching skills through experiments, demonstrations and presentations.
- Innovative pedagogical practices used are: problem based learning, storytelling learning, and flipped & blended learning etc.
- This Bachelor of Education program helps the student to pursue a career in multiple areas related to teaching.
- Students become eligible for government jobs, private jobs and even have self-employment opportunities.
- May become successful entrepreneurs too.
- After completing this program any student can start his/her career as TGT/PGT Teacher in Government or Private Schools to teach the students of upper primary or middle level (VI-VIII), secondary (IX-X) classes.
- One may become the administrator/principal of the school.
- Can pursue higher studies such as Master of Education (M.Ed.) or in Master of Arts in Education (MA Education) program.