Bachelor of Hotel Management & Catering Technology (BHMCT) is an undergraduate course of four years spread into eight semesters. This program is designed to detail upon the key sectors of the hotel industry. The curriculum of BHMCT is a fine blending of theoretical expertise and hands-on practical knowledge offered to the students to equip them for remarkable performance in the world of hotel industry.
This course also provides ample opportunities to study for Master’s in overseas universities & colleges. Additionally, the students may have Entrepreneurial start-ups to explore new avenues in the hospitality.
The course unleashes a streak of openings in Catering, Food delivery service, Specialty restaurant, Cruise, Airline Cabin Crew and Pub/Bar etc. Apart from the hospitality trade, the course unveils numerous career options in Retail industry where they can set up a perfect combination of customer relationship and sales execution.
- Formal Lectures, Assignments, Presentations, Intensive Research in Basic & Advanced Cuisines/Room Division Management/Food Marketing & Control/ Travel & Tourism.
- Flipped classes, Food & Beverages Lab sessions, Smart Classes, ICT Lab, E- Learning Resources.
- FDPs/ Conferences / Seminars/Workshops on Food & Beverages, Flower Arrangement.
- Industrial Internships/industrial Visits in Luxurious Hotels/ Restaurants/Wine & beer Distillery.
- Celebrity Chef Sessions, Guest Lectures by Training managers, Hospitality experts, Learning &Development Managers.
- Frequent Activities/Competitions in Food & Beverages/Housekeeping /Hospitality Quiz.
- Opportunities for Entrepreneurial start-ups in Hotel Industry.
- May choose prominent designation of a Chef, Bartender, Butler/steward, on or off premise Catering manager, Food delivery executive, Specialty restaurant host/hostess, Cruise chef, Airline Cabin Crew member, etc.
- Career in Retail industry & Customer relationship executive and sales assistant.
- Opportunity to study for Master’s in overseas’ Universities/Colleges.
|Academic||Year||Tution Fee||Book Bank||NPTEL||Examination||Fee Total|
|BACHELOR OF HOTEL MANAGEMENT & CATERING TECHNOLOGY||4 years||65000||5000||Semester Pattern||86000|
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO-1 IIMT Hospitality graduate students will be technically skilled to apply knowledge and accomplish expertise to keep momentum with global demand in the hospitality sectors.
- PEO-2 IIMT Hospitality graduate students will introduce critical thinking, creativity and the ability to innovate new products and services ideas to gratify the guests
- PEO-3 IIMT Hospitality graduate students will empower the students to recognize & custom the highest standard of ethical behavior in the hospitality industry.
- PEO-4 IIMT Hotel and Hospitality graduate students will attain practical and technical entrepreneurial knowledge and skills in hospitality sector to create employment opportunity for the community and serve the society & nation
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Apply the in-depth knowledge of hotel, hospitality and tourism industry, and a core area specialization to the solution of complex hotel management problems
- PO2: Understand the impact of the hotel, hospitality and tourism in society at local, regional, national, international level and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of need for sustainable development
- PO3: Recognize the need for lifelong learning, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broadest context of technological change
- PO4: Apply ethical & value based principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the management practice.
- PO5: Students in the Hospitality & Tourism sector will be able to acquire knowledge, skills & expertise which makes them exceptionally employable in the Hospitality & Tourism industry as well as careers in Airlines, Travel and Tourism , Hotels, Cruise lines etc.
Programme Specific Outcome (PSO's)
- PSO1: Understand and demonstrate the core technical, analytical, and conceptual skills appropriate for hospitality industry
- PSO2: Demonstrate an ability to manage the professional preparation, presentation, and service of quality food
- PSO3: Apply the knowledge gained to manage and evaluate functional systems in hospitality and lodging operations
- PSO4: Demonstrate clear understanding and necessity of professional and ethical & environmental responsibilities in all aspects of conduct