LL.B. is a traditional law course offered by IIMT University for the duration of three years. The students who have completed their graduation in any discipline are eligible to pursue LLB. This course is studied in six semesters and imparts the sound knowledge of law.
With the well-formulated curriculum giving emphasis on theoretical and practical learning, this course best suits the need of turning the youth into the best luminaries and inculcating the right values in them for their holistic development. Internships, Training Programmes and visits to several legal spots such as law firms, corporate organisations and courts are the cynosure of this programme to expose the students for real –life experiences and better understanding of the legal profession.
By studying LLB course at IIMT University, the students develop a logical, analytical and critical understanding of legal affairs which further enables them to resolve social and legal issues of the society. Moreover, this programme prepares the students for a wide range of career opportunities in law or civil services and transforms them into a responsible citizens to serve the local, national and global communities with excellence, integrity and professionalism.
- Formal Lectures, Assignments, Presentations.
- Regular Guest Lectures, Case Studies, Research Projects, Moot Court.
- Flipped Classes, Smart Classes, E- Learning Resources.
- Workshops, Symposia, Seminars, Conferences, Internship Programs, District Legal Services Authority Programs.
- Visits to Consumer Court, Family Court, District Court, High Court, Legal Aid Clinic, Lok Adalat and Jails.
The LL.B Graduates can be employed in the field of-
- Judiciary, Advocacy.
- Legal Cells of Private and Public Sector Companies.
- State Bar Councils.
- Consulting Firms, Indian and Foreign Law Firms.
- Legal Department of Foreign Companies.
- Multi- National Companies.
- Global Audit and Compliance Firms.
- Public Prosecutor, Legal Advisor, Legal Probationary Officer, Notary, Law Reporter.
|Academic||Year||Tution Fee||Book Bank||NPTEL||Examination||Fee Total|
|BACHELOR OF LAWS||3 years||30000||2000||Semester Pattern||45000|
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO-1 Graduates who have completed both a Bachelor of Arts and a Bachelor of Laws and Jurisprudence will have the combined benefit of having been exposed to the ideas of the humanities as well as having a grasp on law. This is because graduates who have completed both degrees will have the opportunity to take both the bar exam and the multistate bar exam. This is a big benefit to consider.
- PEO-2 Graduates of the B.A.LL.B. program will acquire considerable theoretical and practical knowledge in both indigenous and international legal traditions, lawyering talents, and research in order to be equipped to take on the issues of the current world.
- PEO-3 Students who successfully complete the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws degree will develop a sense of obligation to contribute to society by making use of their professional talents in areas such as advocacy, judicial, and other legal services. This sense of obligation will be instilled in students by the dual degree program.
- PEO-4 Graduates of the B.A.LL.B. program will be prepared to handle legal issues that are not only confined to the national boundaries, but also cutting across complex cross-border transactions. This is because they will have developed legal skills in fundamental areas such as Civil Laws, Criminal Laws, and Business Laws. This is due to the fact that they would have satisfied the fundamental criteria of the program. As a consequence of this, they will have the possibility to engage in legal work in the years to come.
- PEO-5 Graduates of the Bachelor of Arts in Law and Bachelor of Laws in Business degree program will have a good understanding of both domestic and international law, which will help them to construct a solid basis for legal excellence.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Put all you've learned into practice, especially what you've learned about the judicial system. This is the primary requirement that has to be satisfied which focuses on acquiring a broad knowledge of the country, you will need to gain an understanding of the socio-economic, political, and cultural contexts that exist within the nation. This understanding will be necessary in order for you to complete this objective.
- PO2: An Appreciation of the Legal System Recognize the myriad of ways in which people, organizations, markets, communities, and other fields of study may both affect and be impacted by the legal system.
- PO3: It Is Essential to Acknowledge and Respect the Significance of the Legislation. It is necessary to have an awareness of, and show respect for, the judicial system as a social institution, particularly in the context of a state that is varied and has a rich past. This is particularly relevant to consider in the context of nations that have a past that is rich in variety and complexity.
- PO4: Demonstrate that you possess the professional abilities that are important for a successful and dignified career in the legal area, such as the capacity to conduct interviews, give assistance, and work in partnership with others
- PO5: Conceptual Clarity is the sixth performance goal, and in order to demonstrate an advanced knowledge of the conceptual foundations of law within the framework of the humanistic intellectual legacy, applicants are required to demonstrate that they have met this objective. This is one of the requirements for becoming a certified legal specialist.
- PO6: Put into effect the essential professional procedures that need to be completed in order to engage and compete appropriately within the legal profession. These processes include having the appropriate credentials and continuing education. This ability is often referred to as "competitive competence," which is just another name for it.
- PO7: Work Carried Out Both Individually and Collaboratively Capability to be productive both alone and in conjunction with other people in an atmosphere designed for group activities.
- PO8: Communication Show that you have the communication abilities necessary to prepare difficult legal papers and deliver case summaries by answering the questions in this section.
- PO9: Produce Lawyers and Other Legal Professionals Who Are Able to Operate in the Local Language, the Language of the Court, and the National Language.
Programme Specific Outcome (PSO's)
- PSO1: Graduates of the B.A.LL.B. program will have the knowledge and skills necessary to make significant contributions to the fields of constitutional law, civil law, criminal law, labor law, and environmental law, in addition to the humanities.
- PSO2: Graduates of the B.A.LL.B. program will have the knowledge and skills necessary to make significant contributions to the fields of environmental law. society, such as Constitutional Law and Criminal Law. This is a prerequisite for participating in the program.
- PSO3: Students who successfully complete the B.A.LL.B. program will be equipped with the knowledge and abilities required to make major contributions to the disciplines of environmental law.
- PSO4: Graduates of B.A.LL.B. programs will be able to conduct in-depth analyses of all the laws that are currently in effect and put the knowledge and abilities they have gained to use in their chosen careers. They will also be able to put the knowledge and abilities they have gained to use in their chosen careers. They will also be able to use the skills and information they have learned in their chosen fields of work after completing the program.