IIMT University's Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology (BMLT) program is a four-year undergraduate course that provides students with the necessary knowledge and practical skills to become a medical laboratory technologist. The program covers topics such as hematology, microbiology, clinical chemistry, blood banking, histopathology, and cytology, among others. The course is designed to provide students with a strong foundation in medical laboratory sciences and the use of modern laboratory equipment and technology.
Throughout the course, students will gain hands-on experience in laboratory practices, working with specialized equipment and tools to analyze and interpret laboratory data. The program is taught by experienced medical laboratory professionals and faculty members who are experts in their respective fields.
At the end of the program, graduates will be equipped to pursue a range of career opportunities in the field of medical laboratory technology. The course is designed to prepare graduates for employment in medical laboratories, healthcare organizations, research institutions, or academic institutions.
The BMLT program at IIMT University provides students with a comprehensive understanding of the medical laboratory sciences, preparing them to work as medical laboratory technologists in a range of healthcare settings. The course also provides a solid foundation for students who wish to pursue further studies in the field of medical laboratory sciences.
Here are some of the highlights of the Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology (BMLT) program at IIMT University:
- Comprehensive Curriculum: The program offers a comprehensive curriculum that covers various subjects related to medical laboratory technology, such as hematology, microbiology, clinical chemistry, blood banking, histopathology, and cytology, among others.
- Hands-On Learning: The program provides students with hands-on experience working with specialized laboratory equipment and technology, preparing them for real-world work environments.
- Experienced Faculty: The program is taught by experienced medical laboratory professionals and faculty members who are experts in their respective fields.
- Career Opportunities: The program prepares graduates for employment in medical laboratories, healthcare organizations, research institutions, or academic institutions.
- Further Studies: The program provides a solid foundation for students who wish to pursue further studies in the field of medical laboratory sciences.
- Modern Facilities: The program is supported by modern facilities and state-of-the-art equipment, providing students with a world-class learning environment.
Graduates of the Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology (BMLT) program at IIMT University can pursue a range of career opportunities in the field of medical laboratory technology. Some of the career prospects in this field include:
- Medical Laboratory Technologist: Graduates can work as medical laboratory technologists in hospitals, diagnostic centers, or private laboratories, performing laboratory tests on patient samples and interpreting results.
- Quality Control Analyst: Graduates can work as quality control analysts in pharmaceutical or biotech companies, ensuring the quality and safety of products by testing raw materials, intermediates, and finished products.
- Research Assistant: Graduates can work as research assistants in research institutions or academic institutions, assisting researchers in conducting experiments and analyzing data.
- Public Health Officer: Graduates can work as public health officers, monitoring and controlling the spread of infectious diseases by conducting laboratory tests and interpreting results.
- Sales and Marketing: Graduates can also work in sales and marketing in the medical laboratory industry, promoting and selling medical laboratory equipment and supplies.
|Academic||Year||Tution Fee||Book Bank||NPTEL||Examination||Fee Total|
|BACHELOR OF MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNOLOGY||3 years||70000||2000||Annual Pattern||84500|
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO-1 Learn everything there is to know about the anatomy, physiology, and biochemistry of the human body, as well as the light microscopic and ultrastructural characteristics of human specimens. Understanding the relationship between the structure and function of blood constituents and disease processes, as well as the ability to express this information precisely and simply.
- PEO-2 Be knowledgeable about recent breakthroughs and advancements in the field of medical laboratory sciences.
- PEO-3 Learn about contemporary research methods and the most recent developments in medical laboratory testing.
- PEO-4 Develop a habit of scientific inquiry and the ability to spot gaps in our understanding of a particular subject.
- PEO-5 Possess knowledge and abilities to communicate findings to medical and paramedical experts as a laboratory manager, supervisor, or healthcare administrator.
- PEO-6 Have developed the necessary communication skills to work as an educational consultant, lab coordinator, etc., with students and colleagues in a variety of medical and paramedical professions.
- PEO-7 Possess the ability to combine laboratory tests with other medical sciences disciplines as required.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Knowledge of laboratory tests: Have both theoretical and practical understanding of laboratory tests used to diagnose diseases, such as biochemical, pathological, and microbiological tests.
- PO2: Thinking abilities: Use scientific testing techniques to your advantage while analyzing problems in the lab and writing patient reports after sample processing in your regular practice.
- PO3: Planning abilities: Show that you have strong planning skills, including the ability to manage time, resources, delegation, and organization for laboratory experiments. Create and carry out plans, and schedule tasks to meet deadlines.
- PO4: Professional identity: Health care professionals, laboratory managers, and others should be able to comprehend, analyses, and convey the value of their respective professional responsibilities in society while taking social, economic, and health concerns into account.
- PO5: Ethics: Employ moral principles, and abide by professional ethics, obligations, and laboratory practice standards.
- PO6: Lifelong learning: Understand the importance of autonomous, lifelong learning, and be prepared and capable of doing so in the context of medical laboratory change as a whole.
Programme Specific Outcome (PSO's)
- PSO1: The specialists in this field must be able to operate in a range of lab environments and comprehend diverse laboratory techniques
- PSO2: To develop responsible citizenship in imparting the responsibility and leadership qualities among each and every student along with advanced professional skills
- PSO3: Students will be held accountable for community health issues as future health professionals.
- PSO4: To comprehend and control the current health issues and implement relevant corrective measures.