Bachelor in Optometry is a 4 years course including one year internship offered by the department of Allied medical Sciences. The program is designed to educate and trained the students to develop knowledge and experience in practice of optometry which enhances their skill to evaluate and manage ophthalmic disorders. Optometrists are the primary health care professionals who are institutionally educated and clinically trained to serve the community. The primary role of optometrist is to examine the eye and visual system, diagnose complications related to eye, prescribe and provide curative, corrective treatment under the supervision of ophthalmologists. If any pathological condition is detected during the examination, the optometrist immediately refers the patient to an ophthalmologist for medical and surgical correction. Optometry practice not only includes the determination of refractive status of the eye, prescribing and dispensing of glasses, but it has a wider scope than that. With the advancement of technology and newer product being introduced in quick succession, an optometrist is also required to upgrade his knowledge continuously.
Eligibility Criteria & Duration
|Academic||Year||Tution Fee||Book Bank||NPTEL||Examination||Fee Total|
|BACHELOR OF OPTOMETRY||3 years||45000||2000||Annual Pattern||60500|
- Audio-visual classes to give a better understating of subjects among the students.
- Students are also engaging with seminars, continuous medical education, case studies and group discussions.
- Guest lectures by efficient professors from different universities.
- Experienced faculty members in different specialty in optometry.
- Power point presentation by the students which helps them to develop communication skills and confidence.
- Well-equipped refraction, low vision, contacts lens and binocular vision labs.
- Well-designed curriculum which helps to students acquires maximum knowledge in the optometry field.
- Regular co-curricular activities which improves the overall personality of the students.
- Sport activities to refresh the students so they can come back with double energy.
- After graduation one can start own clinic and retail chain.
- Work as a consultant optometrist in a hospital.
- Can work in research institute.
- Can work in a multinational company.
- Can work in a community level.
- Pursue higher education such as fellowship, masters and PhD.
- Can work as a contact lens specialist, low vision specialist and binocular vision specialist.