The Bachelor of Physical Education is a two-year NCTE teacher training program designed to prepare future teachers in the field of physical education and sports. The program deals with the scientific aspects of human body movements and their effective application in sports. This program has an interdisciplinary approach where the student can connect physical education, sports, and movements of the human body with other sciences. IIMT University Meerut is one of the best Universities in UP, where students can learn and excel in a wide range of sports and games throughout the course. Moreover, this program is also one of the great choices for those who are athletes or ex-athletes or ex-defence personnel.
- NCTE Teacher Training Program.
- Opportunity to participate in various National and International Competitions.
- Enhancement of athletic Skills and Performance under the supervision of the Professionals.
- Best Placement Opportunities.
- Developing Event Managerial Skills in Sports through Intramurals and Extra Murals Activities.
- This unique teacher training program in physical education and sports builds the student's career in various areas related to physical education and sports including teaching and instructions.
- The Program makes them eligible to get government jobs and private jobs in teaching.
- They can take up self-employment opportunities like fitness instructors in fitness centre.
- Engagement in taking up sports franchises.
- Can start their club.
|Academic||Year||Tution Fee||Book Bank||NPTEL||Examination||Fee Total|
|BACHELOR OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION||2 years||43000||2000||Semester Pattern||58000|
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO-1 To improve physical competence and awareness related to body mechanics and to use these abilities to perform various physical activities.
- PEO-2 To prepare trained physical education teacher so that they can serve in various educational levels.
- PEO-3 To impart knowledge with latest and innovative teaching pedagogies.
- PEO-4 To provide learning friendly environment where students can excel theoretically and practically.
- PEO-5 To provide them exposure to latest trends in research.
- PEO-6 To give platform so that they can perform their skills national and internationally.
- PEO-7 To foster learning with various advance technologies.
- PEO-8 To prepare students for various government and private sectors as per the interest.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Nurturing professional capacity to acquire and applied the knowledge in the area of physical education.
- PO2: The horizon of understanding of the subject will be winded to contribute in evolving the systems of physical education Teacher Education and policies.
- PO3: Become more innovative and creative to carry out quality researches for their continuous development in the area of physical education, academics and contribution to their.
- PO4: Develop deep insight as to how student’s variations may be accommodated and be encouraged to facilitate research proposal with academic integrity and professional ethics.
- PO5: Become competent in the use of problem solving skills and reflective practices to grow into their understanding so that they may apply knowledge and skills to deal with emerging issues in the field of education and society.
- PO6: Empowerment of students with content knowledge, best practices in innovative pedagogy, multifaceted professional goal to earn good employment and become effective teacher educator and best researcher.
- PO7: Become capable of providing physical educational leadership in the area of policy making, experimentation, entrepreneurship and self development.
- PO8: Become efficient in use of digital technology in field of physical education for effective professional communication skills for teaching and learning and a tool that will serve as a resource for carrying out research.
Programme Specific Outcome (PSO's)
- PSO1: The programme specific outcomes are: i) To know and apply discipline specific scientific and theoretical concepts critical to development of physically educated person.
- PSO2: To plan, design and implement learning experiences that facilitate and enhance the growth of learners of diverse needs from varying backgrounds.
- PSO3: To use effective communication and pedagogical skills and strategies to enhance student engagement & learning.
- PSO4: To utilize assessments and reflection to foster student learning and to inform instructional decisions.
- PSO5: To demonstrate dispositions essential to becoming effective professionals.
- PSO6: To understand the disciplinary content knowledge, application of content knowledge to teaching physical education. To be reflective practitioner who evaluates self and seek opportunities to grow professionally and humanistic-ally.
- PSO7: To be informed about and use appropriate technology to enhance teaching and learning and to enhance personal and professional productivity.
- PSO8: To foster relationship with colleagues, parents, community and associated agencies to support student’s growth & well-being.