Bachelor’s in Computer Science also known as BSc CS is a three-year undergraduate degree course that deals with the principles and applications of the computer. The main aim of this degree course is the technical implementation of the computers and its systems.
It paves jobs in various sectors in hardware or software technology. It helps to develop a widely applicable skill set in computing with strong programming and mathematics skills, as well as wide ranging skills in the project management.
Depending on the chosen pathway, you can focus on particular areas of interest such as machine learning, web development, data science and mathematical modelling. This program also offers a broad-based intellectual engagement with computing both in theory and practice as well as logic and capabilities.
- Technology is going to be a huge part of everyday life and BSc. CS is a technology-based degree, advantageous for the graduates in the long run.
- B.Sc. in computer science graduates get an exceptional starting salary figure compared to other graduates and this figure grows substantially over the years.
- The Higher studies options for BSc. CS graduates are MCA, M.Sc. Maths, M.Sc. Electronics, MBA or PGDM and get an amazing career.
- Students will be able to apply for a range of computational and mathematical jobs.
- Students will be able to apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.
There are multiple sectors wherein Computer Science graduates can build a career. Some such sectors include:
- Information Technology,
- Banking and Finance,
- Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals, and
- Education etc.
The Computer Science graduates are involved in tasks like software and website development, programming, database administration, data analysis and building data security system to name a few.
|Academic||Year||Tution Fee||Book Bank||NPTEL||Examination||Fee Total|
|BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (COMPUTER SCIENCE)||3 years||32000||2000||3600||Semester Pattern||51600|
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO-1 The graduates are designed to produce skill graduates who will be competent professionals in academics, industry and organizations of government and private sector.
- PEO-2 The pass out graduates will be able to handle the fast changing world requirements and will become effective professionals.
- PEO-3 The successful Graduates will be a good team leader and will be able to lead the team to find optimal solutions and achieve expertise in their field or become entrepreneurs and play the leading roles in all types of organizations.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO2: Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO3: Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO4: Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5: Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6: The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7: Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO9: Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11: Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12: Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Programme Specific Outcome (PSO's)
- PSO1: The graduates are proficient in fundamental principles and methods of Computer Science, Mathematical and Scientific reasoning and are able to: • Apply fundamental concepts of integration, differentiation, vector calculus, probability & statistics, and discrete mathematics. • Design, create & evaluate algorithms appropriate to specific problems.
- PSO2: The graduates have understanding for: • Demonstrate capability for computers, computer network and server environments and there troubleshooting. • Capacity to handle cloud computing environment and solutions. • Well defined knowledge for solving problems of security and threats in information knowledge domain.