B.Sc. Data Science is a 3-year full-time course that comes under the domains of Computer Science, Business Analytics and Artificial Intelligence. The scientific methods, processes, algorithms, statistics, Big Data Domain, machine learning and systems analysis are part of core Data Science that extracts knowledge and insights from noisy, structured, unstructured data and apply it in a broad range of application domains. At IIMT University it is a collaborated program with ECIIT Kanpur and professors from IIT take their lectures in the specialised subjects and guide our students with the practical aspects of the Data science fundamentals.
This course is highly popular among students in India and abroad because of its increasingly high demand and diverse future scope in tech companies, consultancies, market research companies and energy sectors. The students get enrolled after completing this degree program into specialised master’s degree and research field.
- BSc Data Science imparts business Analytic’s basics across various sectors like manufacturing, healthcare, banking, finance, marketing, E-business strategies, etc.
- Students after completing this course would be able to deal with large sets of data and become an expert in programming, machine learning, data wrangling, data intuition, software engineering, data visualization, etc.
- The Core Programming Languages included in this specialisation are: include SQL, Python, R, SAS, Scala, Julia, MATLAB, and Linux along with the knowledge of extensive tools.
- It is the Trendiest course ruling the tech world by skilled data science professionals and advanced knowledge.
- The students learn by mathematical concept how to juggle the data and give it a new shape.
- The companies offer enormous job opportunities and handsome salaries to Data science professionals.
Data Science is considered in one of the top 50 trendiest jobs in the world therefore; today is the right time to pursue this specialised course. Many career opportunities after completing this course are:
- According to LinkedIn, Data Science is the future of business and e-commerce world.
- You not only can earn a higher salary & get a stable career, but you can also explore and learn different techniques and technologies involved in the process.
- From 2017 to 2019 there is around 40% increase in jobs in the data science field and it is expected to increase in creating more than 2 Lakhs job opportunities by the end of 2022.
|Academic||Year||Tution Fee||Book Bank||NPTEL||Examination||Fee Total|
|BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (COMPUTER SCIENCE & DATA SCIENCE)||3 years||47000||2000||3600||Semester Pattern||66600|
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO-1 The graduates are designed to produce skill graduates who will be competent professionals in academics, industry and organizations of government and private sector.
- PEO-2 The pass out graduates will be able to handle the fast changing world requirements and will become effective professionals.
- PEO-3 The successful Graduates will be a good team leader and will be able to lead the team to find optimal solutions and achieve expertise in their field or become entrepreneurs and play the leading roles in all types of organizations.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO2: Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO3: Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO4: Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5: Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6: The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7: Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO9: Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11: Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12: Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Programme Specific Outcome (PSO's)
- PSO1: The graduates are proficient in fundamental principles and methods of Computer Science, Mathematical and Scientific reasoning and are able to: • Apply fundamental concepts of integration, differentiation, vector calculus, probability & statistics, and discrete mathematics. • Design, create & evaluate algorithms appropriate to specific problems.
- PSO2: The graduates have understanding for: • Demonstrate capability for computers, computer network and server environments and there troubleshooting. • Capacity to handle cloud computing environment and solutions. • Well defined knowledge for solving problems of security and threats in information knowledge domain.