Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in mechanical engineering is a four year professional undergraduate program that deals with engineering and technology. Its curriculum is divided into eight semesters of study subjects ranging from fundamental engineering to core mechanical engineering. The program also provides practical knowledge on the concepts of applied mechanical engineering. Mechanical engineering is one of the most sought after engineering courses of the era.
This course provides wide career opportunities to the job aspirants. Major industries that recruit mechanical engineers include automobile, space research, aeronautical, energy and utilities, air conditioning, manufacturing and production industries etc. Mechanical engineers also have great potential in the government sector, which includes huge manufacturing industries like oil and gas refineries, agro-industries etc.
With the development of latest technological innovations, new opportunities came into existence for mechanical engineers such as nanotechnology, additive manufacturing, development of shape memory alloys, various types of composite materials, biomedical applications, environmental protection etc.
- Research and industry-focused curricula.
- Experiential learning in modern and advanced laboratories.
- Strengthen chances to be a part of international seminars.
- Scope for higher studies in foreign universities.
- Profound learning and research experience through textbooks and prototypes.
- Career opportunities in industries like Automobile, Aeronautical, Railway, Oil exploration etc.
After completion of B.Tech in mechanical engineering students have multiple career opportunities at various positions like:
- Mechanical Device Engineer,
- Manufacturing Engineer,
- Design Engineer,
- Power Engineer,
- Process Development Engineer,
- Mechatronics Engineer,
- Electro-Mechanical Engineer,
- Engineering Consultant,
- Renewable Energy Consultant,
- Systems Engineer,
- Applications Engineer,
- Packaging Engineer,
- Sales Engineer, Technical Content Writer.
|Academic||Year||Tution Fee||Book Bank||NPTEL||Examination||Fee Total|
|BACHELOR OF TECHNOLOGY (MECHANICAL ENGINEERING)||4 years||55000||2000||3600||Semester Pattern||76600|
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO-1 To relate education in Mechanical Engineering to the all-over improvement of students, to serve the world's society.
- PEO-2 To enable the students to apply basic concepts and principles to solve problems in the field of mechanical engineering.
- PEO-3 To persuade students of the value of an interdisciplinary engineering approach.
- PEO-4 To promote techno-commercial abilities among students like entrepreneurial ability to solve the societal problems.
- PEO-5 To encourage students for continuous learning after completed graduation from the Institute.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO2: Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO3: Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO4: Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5: Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6: The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7: Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO9: Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11: Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12: Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Programme Specific Outcome (PSO's)
- PSO1: Ability to recognize and examine the mechanical parts, machine apparatuses and systems and to get to know platforms, apparatuses, innovative work in the area of Mechanical Engineering.
- PSO2: Apply the concepts of Mechanical Engineering and use AUTO CAD, Solid Works, and Ansys software for the design and development of industrial problems.
- PSO3: Apply the knowledge of Mechanical Engineering in the various fields such as automobile industries, manufacturing units and power plants etc.
- PSO4: Apply the principles and knowledge of Mechanical Engineering to analyze the most advanced system.