IIMT University Meerut offers Diploma in Food & beverage Production for a period of 1 year along with six months internship. This course is designed to develop the culinary skills and hospitality skills to train the students to serve in the world of Catering and Hospitality Industry.
The students are imparted theoretical expertise and hands-on practical knowledge in food production and catering technology. Learning and practice of numerous cooking styles, different cuisines and essential kitchenette principles are the cynosure of the entire curriculum.
A plethora of opportunities are unleashed for the students in fast growing hospitality trade: Frontline Chefs in Hotel, Restaurant, Food outlet, Food Manufacturing, Food Processing companies, Airlines, Railway, Cruise, Catering in confectionaries, Corporate Catering, Food Critics, Food Consultant, Cookbook Writer, Food Blogger, etc.
- Formal Lectures, Assignments, Presentations, Intensive Research in Basic & Advanced Cuisines/Room Division Management/Food Marketing & Control/ Travel & Tourism.
- Flipped classes, Food & Beverages Lab sessions, Smart Classes, ICT Lab, E- Learning Resources.
- FDPs/ Conferences / Seminars/Workshops on Food & Beverages, Flower Arrangement.
- Industrial Internships/industrial Visits in Luxurious Hotels/ Restaurants/Wine & beer Distillery.
- Celebrity Chef Sessions, Guest Lectures by Training managers, Hospitality experts, Learning &Development Managers.
- Frequent Activities/Competitions in Food & Beverages/Housekeeping /Hospitality Quiz.
The course is endowed with multiple career options in fast growing hospitality trade such as Frontline Chefs in:
- Food outlet,
- Food Manufacturing,
- Food Processing companies,
- Airlines, Railway,
- Catering in confectionaries,
- Corporate Catering,
- Can also work as Food Critics, Food Consultant, Cookbook Writer, Food Blogger, etc.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO-1 IIMT Hospitality graduate students will be technically skilled to apply knowledge and accomplish expertise to keep momentum with global demand in the hospitality sectors.
- PEO-2 IIMT Hospitality graduate students will introduce critical thinking, creativity and the ability to innovate new products and services ideas to gratify the guests
- PEO-3 IIMT Hospitality graduate students will empower the students to recognize & custom the highest standard of ethical behavior in the hospitality industry.
- PEO-4 IIMT Hotel and Hospitality graduate students will attain practical and technical entrepreneurial knowledge and skills in hospitality sector to create employment opportunity for the community and serve the society & nation
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Apply the in-depth knowledge of hotel, hospitality and tourism industry, and a core area specialization to the solution of complex hotel management problems
- PO2: Understand the impact of the hotel, hospitality and tourism in society at local, regional, national, international level and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of need for sustainable development
- PO3: Recognize the need for lifelong learning, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broadest context of technological change
- PO4: Apply ethical & value based principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the management practice.
Programme Specific Outcome (PSO's)
- PSO1: Understand and demonstrate the core technical, analytical, and conceptual skills appropriate for hospitality industry
- PSO2: Demonstrate an ability to manage the professional preparation, presentation, and service of quality food
- PSO3: Apply the knowledge gained to manage and evaluate functional systems in hospitality and lodging operations
- PSO4: Demonstrate clear understanding and necessity of professional and ethical & environmental responsibilities in all aspects of conduct