IIMT University Meerut offers Diploma in Food & beverage Production for a period of 1 year along with six months internship. This course is designed to develop the culinary skills and hospitality skills to train the students to serve in the world of Catering and Hospitality Industry.
The students are imparted theoretical expertise and hands-on practical knowledge in food production and catering technology. Learning and practice of numerous cooking styles, different cuisines and essential kitchenette principles are the cynosure of the entire curriculum.
A plethora of opportunities are unleashed for the students in fast growing hospitality trade: Frontline Chefs in Hotel, Restaurant, Food outlet, Food Manufacturing, Food Processing companies, Airlines, Railway, Cruise, Catering in confectionaries, Corporate Catering, Food Critics, Food Consultant, Cookbook Writer, Food Blogger, etc.
Eligibility Criteria & Duration
- Formal Lectures, Assignments, Presentations, Intensive Research in Basic & Advanced Cuisines/Room Division Management/Food Marketing & Control/ Travel & Tourism.
- Flipped classes, Food & Beverages Lab sessions, Smart Classes, ICT Lab, E- Learning Resources.
- FDPs/ Conferences / Seminars/Workshops on Food & Beverages, Flower Arrangement.
- Industrial Internships/industrial Visits in Luxurious Hotels/ Restaurants/Wine & beer Distillery.
- Celebrity Chef Sessions, Guest Lectures by Training managers, Hospitality experts, Learning &Development Managers.
- Frequent Activities/Competitions in Food & Beverages/Housekeeping /Hospitality Quiz.
The course is endowed with multiple career options in fast growing hospitality trade such as Frontline Chefs in:
- Food outlet,
- Food Manufacturing,
- Food Processing companies,
- Airlines, Railway,
- Catering in confectionaries,
- Corporate Catering,
- Can also work as Food Critics, Food Consultant, Cookbook Writer, Food Blogger, etc.