IIMT University Meerut the Best Private University for PhD India, offers academic programmes leading to the award of PhD degree through its schools/colleges. The award of PhD degree is in recognition of high academic achievements, independent research and application of knowledge to the solution of technical and scientific problems in Science, Technology, Humanities & Social Sciences and Management. The creative and productive inquiry is the basic concept underlying the research works. The academic programme leading to the Ph.D. degree is broad-based and involves a prescribed course credit requirement and a research thesis.
SoAH encourages interdisciplinary areas through a system of Co-supervision and provides excellent opportunities for such programmes and undertakes sponsored research and development projects from industrial and other organisation in the public as well as in the private sector.
The degree of doctor of philosophy (Ph.D.) of the IIMT University, Meerut shall be conferred on a candidate who successfully completes all the requirements specified in the IIMT University’s ordinances and regulations approved by the Academic Council of IIMT University, Meerut.
The School of Arts & Humanities, IIMT University Meerut is committed in creating a culture of high research Work by offering PhD Programme in the following Subjects:
- Political Science
- A Doctorate student can work in many fields at prestigious positions. Some of the fields they can work in are:-
- Government Jobs
- Research Associate
- Candidates must have a Masters degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Masters degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of education institutions.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Masters degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
- An employee of a Public Sector Undertaking, a Government Department, a Research/ Development Organization, or a private industry (approved by the Academic Council) or an Educational Institution with a minimum relevant working experience of two years and a Defence Sponsored Officer may be considered for admission as a sponsored full-time/part-time Research scholar. Sponsored applicants will be eligible for admission provided that they are treated by their employers as on duty with their normal salary and allowances and are fully relieved for the period of study.
- Part-time applicants will be eligible provided that:
- The applicant possesses the minimum entry qualifications as given in point 1 above;
- The applicant proves to the satisfaction of the Head Research that his official duties permit him to devote sufficient time to research;
- Facilities for research are available at the applicant's place of work in the chosen field of research; and
- He/she is required to reside at the University campus for a period of not less than the time required for the course work before his registration for the degree. (This condition of minimum residence may be waived for scholars who are working in Meerut or in organizations/ institutions located within a distance of 100 km from the University, subject to satisfaction of Head Research that he/she shall be able to attend all classes of the course work even during week days).
- A member of the Academic/ Non-Academic staff of the University who satisfies eligibility qualifications may be considered for admission to the PhD degree as a part time student provided he has been given administrative clearance by the Vice Chancellor. Those having M.Sc or equivalent qualification and with less than two years of relevant working experience must have a valid GATE score or must have qualified any other national level examination conducted by those like UGC/CSIR, etc before being considered for administrative clearance.
- Full time project JRFs/SRFs joining and working in IIMT University in funded & projects, may be registered for PhD program, subject to following:
- In case he/she qualifies through the entrance procedure.
- For other students, if the project funding has already been received and JRF approved as part of project, all aspiring JRFs shall be interviewed by both (i) PhD selection committee (ii) the JRF selection committee and (iii) Final selection shall be based on priority for students who qualify both for PhD and JRF.
- In case only Project sanction has been received and not the funding, the aspiring JRFs, shall be required to wait till funding is received.
- Such candidates shall be funded through the project grant. In case the project gets over, before completion of the PhD degree, the student shall be treated as a full time Ph.D. student and governed by Assistantship rules applicable to the regular students.