The programme lasts for a minimum of three years and a maximum of five or six years. Distinguished academics from around the world apply mathematics in a variety of disciplines, particularly in the areas of geometry, number theory, fluid dynamics, mathematical modelling, and operations research. Research abilities in mathematical reasoning, problem-solving and exact predictive operations are necessary for PhD. in mathematics. Additionally, students learn to analyze analytically, analyze rationally and communicate properly as well as learn how to manage abstract thoughts. If one has PhD in mathematics, they can look into academic and industrial career. A candidate must submit a thesis detailing their research, then must present it and be interviewed by a panel. After being admitted, candidates work closely with the supervisors who are assigned to them. According to the journal's impact factor, publishing research articles throughout the research phase in refereed journals would enhance the worth of their thesis.
Eligibility Criteria & Duration
• PhD in Mathematics provides a full spectrum of research area coupled with mentoring opportunities. • This department provides a research friendly competitive environment to the scholars. • PhD scholars along with their supervisor encourage PG & UG students for research projects/ideas. • Regular research activities such as seminars, conferences, guest lectures, poster presentation, etc. • Encourage the scholars to take part in research activities with premier institutes such as IIT’s, IISER’s, TIFR, BARC, PRL, etc. • PhD in Mathematics provides their scholars with the knowledge of core competence, ethics, ability and scientific aptitudes. • Course work is an essential part of the program
• Career in teaching and research in govt. and private sectors.
• As scientist in important national institutes like IIT’s, CSIR, TIFR, etc.
• Career as a scientist in space research programs in ISRO, etc.
• Consultant in intellectual property, regulatory compliance, etc.
• Project scientist in DST, CSIR, UGC, etc. funded projects.
• As scientist to assist biologist and chemist in solving mathematical problems