Masters in Economics is a two year full time regular post graduate degree programme. Economics is a subject that affects many aspects of almost all businesses. It has a great impact on any individual and the society as a whole. The study of Economics gives a deep insight on how to create a balance between the demand and the supply. The course is broadly categorized in two branches i.e. Macro & Micro.
During the tenure of the course, the students are given in depth knowledge about the types of economies, fundamentals of economic growth, development of public finance & international trade and distribution, money & banking and factor pricing. By the end of the program students have a profound knowledge of the production & distribution analysis and market determination. They acquire skill sets needed to become great anticipators and strong decision makers.
Eligibility Criteria & Duration
- Faculty with the best of academic, research and professional backgrounds.
- Exposure to the latest developments and research in the discipline.
- Industrial Visits and Internships in government organisations, corporations, consultancy companies and NGOs, as well as collaborations with the top global institutions for the Research Exposure.
- Well-resourced Library with a rich collection of books, journals and e-content.
- Emphasis on Research work, thesis, publications and patents.
- A range of co-curricular activities to promote comprehensive development.
- Formal Lectures, Assignments, Presentations, Group Discussions
- Flipped classes, Lab sessions, Smart Classes, ICT Lab, E- Learning Resource.
- Workshops/ Seminars/Conferences/FDP.
- Placement oriented Trainings and industrial Visits.
- Summer Trainings / Internships
- Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) / National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL)/ Study Webs of Active-Learning for Young Aspiring Minds (SWAYAM)/ Spoken Tutorials.
- Employment Enhancement Courses.
- Literary club, Eco Club, Sports Club, Students’ grievance Cell.
Upon successful completion of M.A.(Economics) at IIMTU, students are eligible to enroll themselves in doctoral programs such as Ph.D. Economics. Students also have manyUpon successful completion of M.A.(Economics) at IIMTU, students are eligible to enroll themselves in doctoral programs such as Ph.D. Economics. Students also have many enticing job opportunities in various sectors such as:-
- In Banking, academics, government and semi government organizations and investment sectors.
- They get hired for challenging roles like-
- Strategy Analyst,
- Credit Officer-Retail,
- Operations Officer-Banking,
- Stock Broker,
- Policy Analyst,
- Research, and
- Economic Journalist etc.