Masters in Economics is a two year full time regular post graduate degree programme. Economics is a subject that affects many aspects of almost all businesses. It has a great impact on any individual and the society as a whole. The study of Economics gives a deep insight on how to create a balance between the demand and the supply. The course is broadly categorized in two branches i.e. Macro & Micro.
During the tenure of the course, the students are given in depth knowledge about the types of economies, fundamentals of economic growth, development of public finance & international trade and distribution, money & banking and factor pricing. By the end of the program students have a profound knowledge of the production & distribution analysis and market determination. They acquire skill sets needed to become great anticipators and strong decision makers.
- Faculty with the best of academic, research and professional backgrounds.
- Exposure to the latest developments and research in the discipline.
- Industrial Visits and Internships in government organisations, corporations, consultancy companies and NGOs, as well as collaborations with the top global institutions for the Research Exposure.
- Well-resourced Library with a rich collection of books, journals and e-content.
- Emphasis on Research work, thesis, publications and patents.
- A range of co-curricular activities to promote comprehensive development.
- Formal Lectures, Assignments, Presentations, Group Discussions
- Flipped classes, Lab sessions, Smart Classes, ICT Lab, E- Learning Resource.
- Workshops/ Seminars/Conferences/FDP.
- Placement oriented Trainings and industrial Visits.
- Summer Trainings / Internships
- Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) / National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL)/ Study Webs of Active-Learning for Young Aspiring Minds (SWAYAM)/ Spoken Tutorials.
- Employment Enhancement Courses.
- Literary club, Eco Club, Sports Club, Students’ grievance Cell.
Upon successful completion of M.A.(Economics) at IIMTU, students are eligible to enroll themselves in doctoral programs such as Ph.D. Economics. Students also have manyUpon successful completion of M.A.(Economics) at IIMTU, students are eligible to enroll themselves in doctoral programs such as Ph.D. Economics. Students also have many enticing job opportunities in various sectors such as:-
- In Banking, academics, government and semi government organizations and investment sectors.
- They get hired for challenging roles like-
- Strategy Analyst,
- Credit Officer-Retail,
- Operations Officer-Banking,
- Stock Broker,
- Policy Analyst,
- Research, and
- Economic Journalist etc.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO-1 To develop an informed community equipped with sound knowledge and skills to cope up towards academic excellence and increase the knowledge base aimed at enhancing their professional competence.
- PEO-2 To nurture professional skills, communication skills, conversational skills, entrepreneurial skills, leadership and organizational skills while developing a sense of social responsibility.
- PEO-3 To Promote innovation and research by instilling a sense of independent and critical thinking with sensitivity to social needs.
- PEO-4 To understand social responsibility, constitutional spirit and democratic ethos through nurturing citizenship values and multicultural understanding among the students.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Demonstrate knowledge of theories, policies, and empirical findings of economics.
- PO2: Engage in scientific inquiry, critical thinking, using quantitative and qualitative methods.
- PO3: Demonstrate competence in written and oral communication and convincingly present arguments with virtual tools.
- PO4: Access and extract data from multiple sources, analyse and interpret the results using quantitative and qualitative tools
- PO5: Apply knowledge of economics for team building and create entrepreneurial initiatives for livelihood and social development.
Programme Specific Outcome (PSO's)
- PSO1: To develop a deep understanding of theoretical, practical and analytical aspects involved with latest and update economic theories and concepts.
- PSO2: To analysis economic concepts by using mathematical and statistical techniques.
- PSO3: To implement effective communication skills within the discipline.
- PSO4: To encourage the learners towards higher research studies in Economics and motivate them to conduct the research independently with the help of qualitative and quantitative methodologies.