‘To Learn a Language is like Having Another Window to View the World’
English has become the predominant business language. It changes the way you think and what you think about. PG course in English does a complete personality turnover of a student. At SoAH M.A. English is a 2 years full time regular program that takes the literature knowledge of a student a step deeper and language proficiency a step higher.
English Literature is a kind of training in social ethics. During the course students learn to analyse, investigate and organize the content in a structured manner. A detailed study on prose, fiction, poetry and drama enhances our student’s language, writing skills and makes them a fervent reader. IIMT University Meerut, the Best Private University in North India uses various teaching techniques to assess student’s learning at classroom, practical and advanced level. The students also gain specialised, transferable research skills.
By the end of the course students are able to comprehend, analyse and express their views in an unconventional manner thus creating ingenious work pieces.
- Educational Tours.
- Faculty with the best of academic, research and professional backgrounds.
- Exposure to the latest developments and research in the discipline.
- Industrial Visits and Internships in government organisations, corporations, consultancy companies and NGOs, as well as collaborations with the top global institutions for the Research Exposure.
- Well-resourced Library with a rich collection of books, journals and e-content.
- Emphasis on Research work, thesis, publications and patents.
- A range of co-curricular activities to promote comprehensive development.
- Formal Lectures, Assignments, Presentations, Group Discussions
- Flipped classes, Lab sessions, Smart Classes, ICT Lab, E- Learning Resource.
- Workshops/ Seminars/Conferences/FDP.
- Placement oriented Trainings and industrial Visits.
- Summer Trainings / Internships
- Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) / National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL)/ Study Webs of Active-Learning for Young Aspiring Minds (SWAYAM)/ Spoken Tutorials.
- Employment Enhancement Courses.
- Literary club, Eco Club, Sports Club, Student's grievance Cell, USR Camps, NCC etc.
- Upon the successful completion of a Master’s degree in English, an avalanche of opportunities awaits for the students. They have an option to escalate academically by enrolling in a doctoral program (Ph.D. English).
- Students who wish to outperform professionally can demonstrate their talent in numerous fields such as-
- Teachers in senior schools,
- Professors in universities,
- Content writers,
- Public Relation Officers,
- Editors Etc.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO-1 To develop an informed community equipped with sound knowledge and skills to cope up towards academic excellence and increase the knowledge base aimed at enhancing their professional competence.
- PEO-2 To nurture professional skills, communication skills, conversational skills, entrepreneurial skills, leadership and organizational skills while developing a sense of social responsibility.
- PEO-3 To Promote innovation and research by instilling a sense of independent and critical thinking with sensitivity to social needs.
- PEO-4 To understand social responsibility, constitutional spirit and democratic ethos through nurturing citizenship values and multicultural understanding among the students.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Demonstrate fundamental knowledge of literary texts.
- PO2: Create competence in speaking, writing, and articulating ideas in English
- PO3: Formulate critical aptitude to comprehend theories like postcolonial, gender, deconstruction, postmodernism etc.
- PO4: Construct adequate knowledge of translation & linguistic concepts & theories.
- PO5: Demonstrate intellectual independence and critical thinking abilities to undertake research in the field of English literature.
Programme Specific Outcome (PSO's)
- PSO1: To enhance their knowledge of literature acquired through their undergraduate studies in English.
- PSO2: To develop in - depth knowledge of literary history, works, genres and periods of literature.
- PSO3: To improve their knowledge of Western literary cannons through familiarity with various texts and their practical applications in the contemporary world.
- PSO4: To develop a keen understanding of all important concepts of linguistics and stylistics. To enrich the knowledge of the various theoretical and practical aspects of language and literature teaching.