IIMT University Meerut, a leading private university in North India offers Masters of Arts (M.A.) in History, a two-year postgraduate degree program. The curriculum is designed with an objective to impart deep understanding of historical phenomena and processes. It involves the study of past incidents and the current interpretations of the past. It details on stories and narratives of the past societies, people, their culture, religion and events of the different nations. The program enables the students to analyse and investigate the discipline into a more specialized manner.
The University offers specialisations in Ancient History, Medieval History and Modern History. IIMT University Meerut offers excellent research opportunities supported by Research & Development cell to inculcate research aptitude in the students and motivate them for the higher studies. The college has dedicated and committed faculties, robust infrastructure and digital teaching tools for the overall development of the students.
Eligibility Criteria & Duration
- Visits to Archaeological Sites.
- Faculty with the best of academic, research and professional backgrounds.
- Exposure to the latest developments and research in the discipline.
- Industrial Visits and Internships in government organisations, corporations, consultancy companies and NGOs, as well as collaborations with the top global institutions for the Research Exposure.
- Well-resourced Library with a rich collection of books, journals and e-content.
- Emphasis on Research work, thesis, publications and patents.
- A range of co-curricular activities to promote comprehensive development.
- Formal Lectures, Assignments, Presentations, Group Discussions
- Flipped classes, Lab sessions, Smart Classes, ICT Lab, E- Learning Resource.
- Workshops/ Seminars/Conferences/FDP.
- Placement oriented Trainings and industrial Visits.
- Summer Trainings / Internships
- Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) / National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL)/ Study Webs of Active-Learning for Young Aspiring Minds (SWAYAM)/ Spoken Tutorials.
- Employment Enhancement Courses.
- Literary club, Eco Club, Sports Club, Students’ grievance Cell, USR Camps, NCC etc.
A M.A (History) student can work as:-
- Records Manager
- Deputy News Editor
- Research Associate
- In Tours and Travel Organization
- Business Analyst
- Jobs in Central and State Archaeology Department, Tourism Department of India, Art and Culture Department