IIMT University Meerut, a leading private university in North India offers Masters of Arts (M.A.) in History, a two-year postgraduate degree program. The curriculum is designed with an objective to impart deep understanding of historical phenomena and processes. It involves the study of past incidents and the current interpretations of the past. It details on stories and narratives of the past societies, people, their culture, religion and events of the different nations. The program enables the students to analyse and investigate the discipline into a more specialized manner.
The University offers specialisations in Ancient History, Medieval History and Modern History. IIMT University Meerut offers excellent research opportunities supported by Research & Development cell to inculcate research aptitude in the students and motivate them for the higher studies. The college has dedicated and committed faculties, robust infrastructure and digital teaching tools for the overall development of the students.
- Visits to Archaeological Sites.
- Faculty with the best of academic, research and professional backgrounds.
- Exposure to the latest developments and research in the discipline.
- Industrial Visits and Internships in government organisations, corporations, consultancy companies and NGOs, as well as collaborations with the top global institutions for the Research Exposure.
- Well-resourced Library with a rich collection of books, journals and e-content.
- Emphasis on Research work, thesis, publications and patents.
- A range of co-curricular activities to promote comprehensive development.
- Formal Lectures, Assignments, Presentations, Group Discussions
- Flipped classes, Lab sessions, Smart Classes, ICT Lab, E- Learning Resource.
- Workshops/ Seminars/Conferences/FDP.
- Placement oriented Trainings and industrial Visits.
- Summer Trainings / Internships
- Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) / National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL)/ Study Webs of Active-Learning for Young Aspiring Minds (SWAYAM)/ Spoken Tutorials.
- Employment Enhancement Courses.
- Literary club, Eco Club, Sports Club, Students’ grievance Cell, USR Camps, NCC etc.
A M.A (History) student can work as:-
- Records Manager
- Deputy News Editor
- Research Associate
- In Tours and Travel Organization
- Business Analyst
- Jobs in Central and State Archaeology Department, Tourism Department of India, Art and Culture Department
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO-1 To develop an informed community equipped with sound knowledge and skills to cope up towards academic excellence and increase the knowledge base aimed at enhancing their professional competence.
- PEO-2 To nurture professional skills, communication skills, conversational skills, entrepreneurial skills, leadership and organizational skills while developing a sense of social responsibility.
- PEO-3 To Promote innovation and research by instilling a sense of independent and critical thinking with sensitivity to social needs.
- PEO-4 To understand social responsibility, constitutional spirit and democratic ethos through nurturing citizenship values and multicultural understanding among the students.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Differentiate and critique at an advanced level the historical, social, cultural and political contexts of diverse periods, styles, and methods in Art History
- PO2: Closely analyse at an advanced level individual works of art, and interpret and communicate ideas to both specialist and non-specialist audiences using disciplinary language and conventions;
- PO3: Construct comprehensive linkages between the study of Art History and the practicalities of curating;
- PO4: Undertake independent research.
Programme Specific Outcome (PSO's)
- PSO1: To develop a deep understanding of theoretical, practical and analytical aspects involved with latest and update economic theories and concepts.
- PSO2: To analysis economic concepts by using mathematical and statistical techniques
- PSO3: To implement effective communication skills within the discipline
- PSO4: To encourage the learners towards higher research studies in Economics and motivate them to conduct the research independently with the help of qualitative and quantitative methodologies