“Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn’t mean politics won’t take an interest in you.” -Pericles (495-429 BCE) MA (Political Science) is a two year full time post graduate degree programme. Political science occasionally called Politology is a social science course which deals with the systems of governance and the analysis of the political activities, political thoughts, associated constitutions and political behaviour.
Enrolling in M.A. (Political Science) program helps students building a good theoretical and practical understanding of the Human Rights, educational advancement, analytical approach to literary moments, national & international economy, domestic & international political behaviour and public policies.
School of Arts & Humanities of IIMT University Meerut a UGC approved university in Uttar Pradesh has state of the art infrastructure, qualified academicians and modern facilities to provide a contemporary learning experience with foundation of ethos and moral values. The curriculum of MA (Political Science) is designed with an objective to impart a deep understanding of the literary historical phenomena and processes. The vast central library of SoAH has a huge collection of books, journals, publications and e content to stimulate the development process.
- Educational Tours.
- Faculty with the best of academic, research and professional backgrounds.
- Exposure to the latest developments and research in the discipline.
- Industrial Visits and Internships in government organisations, corporations, consultancy companies and NGOs, as well as collaborations with the top global institutions for the Research Exposure.
- Well-resourced Library with a rich collection of books, journals and e-content.
- Emphasis on Research work, thesis, publications and patents.
- A range of co-curricular activities to promote comprehensive development.
- Formal Lectures, Assignments, Presentations, Group Discussions
- Flipped classes, Lab sessions, Smart Classes, ICT Lab, E- Learning Resource.
- Workshops/ Seminars/Conferences/FDP.
- Placement oriented Trainings and industrial Visits.
- Summer Trainings / Internships
- Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) / National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL)/ Study Webs of Active-Learning for Young Aspiring Minds (SWAYAM)/ Spoken Tutorials.
- Employment Enhancement Courses.
- Literary club, Eco Club, Sports Club, Students' grievance Cell, USR Camps, NCC etc.
- M.A. (Political Science) serves as the foundation for doctoral programs in the relevant fields. Upon successful completion of the course, students get an opportunity to showcase their talent in teaching professions.
- M.A. (Political Science) offers attractive career choices such as that of –
- Political journalism,
- Public administrator,
- Political content writer & political advisors.
- Students can prepare themselves for civil services, administrative services and federal, state and local government examinations.
- Moreover, they can also begin their career in the field of law.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO-1 To develop an informed community equipped with sound knowledge and skills to cope up towards academic excellence and increase the knowledge base aimed at enhancing their professional competence.
- PEO-2 To nurture professional skills, communication skills, conversational skills, entrepreneurial skills, leadership and organizational skills while developing a sense of social responsibility.
- PEO-3 To Promote innovation and research by instilling a sense of independent and critical thinking with sensitivity to social needs.
- PEO-4 To understand social responsibility, constitutional spirit and democratic ethos through nurturing citizenship values and multicultural understanding among the students.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Independently reach and acquire information, and develop an appreciation of the need for continuous learning and updating.
- PO2: Reflect on social and ethical responsibilities in his/her professional life.
- PO3: Gain experience and confidence in the dissemination of project/research outputs.
- PO4: Work responsibly and creatively as an individual or as a member or leader of a team and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO5: Independently reach and acquire information, and develop appreciation of the need for continuously learning and updating.
Programme Specific Outcome (PSO's)
- PSO1: To develop sound disciplinary knowledge in their particular areas such as industrial-organizational or clinical psychology, social psychology, behavioural psychology, Counselling, Psychometric and Research.
- PSO2: To foster positive attributes such as empathy, compassion, self awareness, social participation, and accountability amongst the learners.
- PSO3: To learn and understand the research and psychometric knowledge in their selected fields of specialization.
- PSO4: To develop an in-depth understanding of research tools, methodology, and ethical research practices.