M.A in Sociology is a Two-Year Course consisting of four semesters. IIMT University Meerut acclaimed as one of the Best Private Universities in Uttar Pradesh offers best teaching, training and placements to the students.
At SoAH the Students are imparted an excellent knowledge of important concepts and issues in society as well as training to critically analyse the social milieu in which they live. Studying this course, the students develop a keen sense towards social phenomena; become self- aware and responsible citizens.
Development of critical thinking, problem-solving and formulation of cogent arguments are also the key skills learned by the students and provide them an edge to excel in personal, social and professional life.
- Educational Tours.
- Faculty with the best of academic, research and professional backgrounds.
- Exposure to the latest developments and research in the discipline.
- Industrial Visits and Internships in government organisations, corporations, consultancy companies and NGOs, as well as collaborations with the top global institutions for the Research Exposure.
- Well-resourced Library with a rich collection of books, journals and e-content.
- Emphasis on Research work, thesis, publications and patents.
- A range of co-curricular activities to promote comprehensive development.
- Formal Lectures, Assignments, Presentations, Group Discussions
- Flipped classes, Lab sessions, Smart Classes, ICT Lab, E- Learning Resource.
- Workshops/ Seminars/Conferences/FDP.
- Placement oriented Trainings and industrial Visits.
- Summer Trainings / Internships
- Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) / National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL)/ Study Webs of Active-Learning for Young Aspiring Minds (SWAYAM)/ Spoken Tutorials.
- Employment Enhancement Courses.
- Literary club, Eco Club, Sports Club, Students' grievance Cell, USR Camps, NCC etc.
After successful completion of the course the students have a plethora of career options to choose from. A candidate can find employment in multiple sectors such as:
- Public Health and Welfare Organization.
- Law Firms.
- International Organizations.
- Advertising Firms.
- Public Relations Firms.
- Survey and Polling Organizations
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO-1 To develop an informed community equipped with sound knowledge and skills to cope up towards academic excellence and increase the knowledge base aimed at enhancing their professional competence.
- PEO-2 To nurture professional skills, communication skills, conversational skills, entrepreneurial skills, leadership and organizational skills while developing a sense of social responsibility.
- PEO-3 To Promote innovation and research by instilling a sense of independent and critical thinking with sensitivity to social needs.
- PEO-4 To understand social responsibility, constitutional spirit and democratic ethos through nurturing citizenship values and multicultural understanding among the students.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: All M.A. courses have a theoretical foundation. We also have two core courses devoted exclusively to the intensive study of sociological theory, viz. i) Sociological Theories and ii) Sociological Theories: Some Conceptual Issues.
- PO2: There are two core courses devoted exclusively to the study of qualitative and quantitative methods in sociology.
- PO3: Apart from the nine core courses we also offer a bouquet of 15 elective courses that cover many of the important sub-disciplines in sociology.
- PO4: Two courses of the Sociology of India and a set of courses on area studies are oriented to understanding India as a social entity as well as offering a sociological view of some other Asian countries.
Programme Specific Outcome (PSO's)
- PSO1: To develop a deep understanding of theoretical, practical and analytical aspects involved with latest and update economic theories and concepts.
- PSO2: To analysis economic concepts by using mathematical and statistical techniques
- PSO3: To implement effective communication skills within the discipline
- PSO4: To encourage the learners towards higher research studies in Economics and motivate them to conduct the research independently with the help of qualitative and quantitative methodologies