The Master of Business Administration (Hospital Administration) program at IIMT University is designed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of the healthcare industry, and the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed in a management role within a hospital or other healthcare organization.
The program covers a wide range of topics related to hospital administration, including healthcare management, finance, marketing, human resources, and operations management. Students will learn how to effectively manage healthcare facilities, create and implement healthcare policies, and ensure quality patient care.
Throughout the program, students will have the opportunity to develop their analytical and critical thinking skills, as well as their leadership and communication abilities. The program also emphasizes the importance of ethical and socially responsible decision making in the healthcare industry.
The MBA (Hospital Administration) program at IIMT University is taught by experienced faculty members who are experts in their fields. The program is designed to be flexible, allowing students to balance their academic studies with their personal and professional commitments.
Graduates of the program will be well-prepared to pursue careers in a variety of healthcare settings, including hospitals, clinics, long-term care facilities, and health insurance companies. They will also have the skills and knowledge necessary to advance into leadership roles within their organizations.
Overall, the MBA (Hospital Administration) program at IIMT University provides students with a comprehensive education in healthcare management, preparing them for successful careers in this dynamic and growing industry.
- Comprehensive education: The program provides students with a comprehensive understanding of healthcare management, covering a wide range of topics related to hospital administration.
- Experienced faculty: The program is taught by experienced faculty members who are experts in their fields.
- Flexibility: The program is designed to be flexible, allowing students to balance their academic studies with their personal and professional commitments.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills: Students will have the opportunity to develop their analytical and critical thinking skills, as well as their leadership and communication abilities.
- Ethical and socially responsible decision making: The program emphasizes the importance of ethical and socially responsible decision making in the healthcare industry.
- Career opportunities: Graduates of the program will be well-prepared to pursue careers in a variety of healthcare settings, including hospitals, clinics, long-term care facilities, and health insurance companies, and to advance into leadership roles within their organizations.
The MBA (Hospital Administration) program at IIMT University provides graduates with a wide range of career opportunities in the healthcare industry. Here are some of the career prospects for graduates:
- Hospital administrator: Graduates can work as hospital administrators, responsible for overseeing the daily operations of a hospital or healthcare facility.
- Health services manager: Graduates can work as health services managers, responsible for planning, coordinating, and directing the delivery of healthcare services.
- Clinic manager: Graduates can work as clinic managers, responsible for managing the operations of a clinic or outpatient facility.
- Health insurance executive: Graduates can work as health insurance executives, responsible for managing the operations of a health insurance company.
- Healthcare consultant: Graduates can work as healthcare consultants, providing expertise and advice to healthcare organizations on various issues related to healthcare management.
- Medical and health services research analyst: Graduates can work as research analysts, collecting and analyzing data related to healthcare management and operations.
|Academic||Year||Tution Fee||Book Bank||NPTEL||Examination||Fee Total|
|MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (HOSPITAL ADMINISTRATION)||2 years||65000||2000||3600||Semester Pattern||83600|
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO-1 To have conceptual and practical knowledge of various functional areas of management and their application, especially for hospital management and the hospital and healthcare industry. Graduates of the program will receive adequate academic input to adapt themselves in health sector.
- PEO-2 To develop business acumen with strategic leadership for exploring the opportunities in the Hospital Industry. Graduates of the program will have successful Management and Technical careers in health sector.
- PEO-3 To enhance the communication and presentation skills of graduating students to meet the contemporary standards of the hospital industry.Graduates of the program will be motivated to pursue higher studies and acquire masters and research degrees.
- PEO-4 To apply problem-solving and analytical skills in business situations for effective management of hospital services and related areas. Graduates of the program will have innovative ideas and potential to contribute for the development, management, administration, and current needs of the hospital industry.
- PEO-5 To develop skills of organizing, planning, controlling, team-building, and leadership with experiential learning with a high degree of customer orientation. Graduates of the program will have sustained interest continuously to learn and adapt new administrative, management techniques and development to meet the changing scenarios.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Apply the knowledge of basic concepts and theories of management to solve day-to-day business problems of healthcare services.
- PO2: Communicate effectively during formal and informal communication and the ability to present professionally with a high degree of customer orientation.
- PO3: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, modern management, and suitable technology in complex business activities of hospital and healthcare management.
- PO4: Conceptualize and apply the research based knowledge and practical exposure in the real business world of healthcare services and hospital management.
- PO5: Identify, assess, and leverage entrepreneurial opportunities with new and emerging areas of healthcare services management.
- PO6: Use professional knowledge with socially responsible leadership for a sustainable business model in healthcare and hospital management.
- PO7: Contribute significantly and positively to the business of healthcare service sectors.
- PO8: Apply professional ethics and human values in their profession and remain committed to these.
- PO9: Enhance the ability to assess and evaluate the dynamics of globalization and emerging competitions in healthcare and hospital management businesses.
- PO10: Apply the knowledge related to the various existing and emerging regulatory compliances in the real business of healthcare services.
- PO11: Graduate will be capable of understanding the value for life-long learning. Graduate will be capable of doing higher studies and research in inter and multidisciplinary areas.
Programme Specific Outcome (PSO's)
- PSO1: After completing the course, the graduate will have strong basics in MBA (Hospital Administration) which will help him/her to pursue either higher studies or seek employment in health sector. The strong foundation knowledge will help the graduate to become, a talented administrator, a brilliant academician, a successful manager or even an entrepreneur. Acquire practical learning opportunities through experiential learning, hospital visits, field work and summer internships.
- PSO2: The graduate will have the ability to help society by way of his participation in delivering useful products and services to society through his/her work in industry, research organization, educational institution, business organization etc. as he/she has strong basic knowledge in MBA (Hospital Administration), andwill be conscious towards the society. Understand and develop the new dimensions of knowledge through value added certification courses to cater to the need of the hospital industry.
- PSO3: The curriculum and syllabus have been framed in such a way to impart desire to the graduate to acquire knowledge, on continuous basis even after completing the program. This would help the graduate to excel in the line of profession he/she has chosen. Apply the knowledge from various areas of management in the effective management of administration and operations of the healthcare service industry.
- PSO4: Graduate will be able to work as a team member which will be a main requirement in hospital industry or research organization or in any heath entity. This will pave the way for successful career for the graduate and play a role for the success of the organization in which the graduate is employed.