MCA is an extensive postgraduate program including objective to prepare graduate students for productive careers in software industry and academia by providing an outstanding environment for teaching and research in the core and emerging areas of the discipline.
This programme drives the students in a sound background of theoretical and application-oriented courses relevant to the latest computer software development. It puts emphasis on the application of software technology to solve commercial mathematical, statistical, computing, network and communication problems. In this program, the first year courses are aimed at skills development in computers using various technologies; while the second year is more focused on core courses providing conceptual framework with the specialisation along with the project work, case studies, presentations and practical assignments.
This program includes some core subjects with a blend of Management techniques keeping emphasis on application development and producing skilled software engineers.
Incredibly Outstanding Placements
- MCA course provides the In-depth knowledge of the technical aspects of Software development.
- It provides 360-degree transformation plan with assurance of 100% placement.
- Professionals with MCA degree are sought after in various fields like IT, Medical Sciences and Engineering to name few.
- The course emphasis on latest programming languages and tools to develop better and faster applications in this digital era.
Some of the major Recruiters are Infosys, Wipro, TCS, Cognizant, Mind tree, ThinkSys, Appsquadz, BT and many more.
They have the opportunity to work in the public sector as well as in the private sector.
Some industry specific roles for MCA students are:
- Software developer,
- Hardware and Networking Engineer,
- Software Consultant,
- Computer System Analyst and
- Project Manager
|Academic||Year||Tution Fee||Book Bank||NPTEL||Examination||Fee Total|
|MASTER OF COMPUTER APPLICATIONS||2 years||62000||5000||3600||Semester Pattern||88600|
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO-1 The Postgraduates Programs are designated to produce skilled Postgraduates who will be proficient professionals in private sector, semi government and government institutions.
- PEO-2 The pass out Postgraduates will be able to handle the overall world requirements and will become effective employees or employers.
- PEO-3 The pass out Postgraduates will be a good team leader and will be able to lead the team to find inexpensive and optimal solutions and, achieve expertise in their fields or become entrepreneurs and play the proficiently managing roles in all types of institutions, establishment, and industry ventures.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO2: Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO3: Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO4: Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5: Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6: The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7: Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO9: Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11: Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12: Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Programme Specific Outcome (PSO's)
- PSO1: The Postgraduates are capable in basic principles and methods of Computer era with sufficient Mathematical and Scientific grounds and can: • Apply fundamental concepts of integration, Artificial intelligence with deep learning, differentiation, vector calculus, probability & statistics, and discrete mathematics. • Design, create & evaluate programming algorithms appropriate to all types of current real frequent changing difficulties.
- PSO2: The Postgraduates have deep sense acknowledgement for: • Present capability for computers, computer network and server environments and their troubleshooting. • Capacity to handle ever changing cloud computing environments and related solutions. • Well defined knowledge for solving problems of security and threats in knowledge and financial domain.