Masters in Education (M.Ed) is a 2 years professional program in the field of teaching. The Master in Education degree builds upon the knowledge gained during B.Ed Program. It aims at preparing Teachers, educators and other educational professionals including curriculum developers, Planners, Educational policy analysts, supervisors, school principals, researchers etc.
The course helps individuals to be more technically efficient and skilled. It helps the students to know in detail about the Pedagogy of Education as well as helps them to develop an in- depth knowledge about the psychology of the growing children. It involves a comprehensive study of curriculum through blended instruction and efficient use of comprehensive evaluation.
- Enhanced soft skill training under the supervision of experienced professionals.
- Intensive teaching Workshops.
- Good Placement opportunities.
- Critical understanding of the innovative technologies.
- Opportunity to develop social compassion.
- Guidance and Counselling sessions.
- It offers the observation of new techniques of teaching and sharpens the academic and research aptitude of the candidates.
- After completing M.Ed. program students are eligible for UGC-NET examination and may also pursue Research Degree in Education.
- Can become teacher in schools and also Assistant professor in Teacher Training Department in private or Govt. colleges and University.
- Many other opportunities are available in various NGOs, publishing houses, research and development agencies and emerging fields of educational management & administration.
|MASTER OF EDUCATION
|MASTER OF EDUCATION
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO-1 To develop Adequate knowledge of subject matter, presentation skills, reflective practices and attitude to carry out effective teaching learning and research innovations.
- PEO-2 To enable the prospective teachers to make use of teaching learning management system, pedagogical skills and ability to effectively transact curriculum by generating interactive learning environment.
- PEO-3 To develop understanding of Skills in using of CBCS system of evaluation, various evaluation tools and qualitative strategies to evaluate all round performance of students.
- PEO-4 To promote the use of communication technology involving various innovative teaching learning processes and instructional facilities.
- PEO-5 To inculcate professional attitude, commitment, Self discipline and professional ethics and in discharging the responsibility of educational practitioners and innovators.
- PEO-6 To train the students in use of innovative practices in planning and understanding research proposal successfully.
- PEO-7 To develop the habit for life long and continuing education for the up gradation of existing knowledge.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Execute the professional capacity to acquire and apply the knowledge an attained in the area of curricular aspects of the course.
- PO2: Widened understanding of the subjects that contribute in evolving the systems of Teacher Education and policies.
- PO3: Become more innovative and creative to carry out quality researches for their continuous development and contribution to society.
- PO4: Demonstrate deep insight as to how student’s variations in class may be accommodated and be encouraged to undertake research proposals with academic integrity and professional ethics.
- PO5: Become competent in the use of problem solving skills and reflective practices knowledge and skills of students.
- PO6: Illustrate the capacity to make the best use of content knowledge and to set multifaceted professional goals to earn good employment and become professionally effective teacher educator and best researcher.
- PO7: Capacity to provide educational leadership in the area of policy making, curriculum designing, experimentation, entrepreneurship and self development.
- PO8: Become efficient in use of digital technology as a effective communication tool of learning and resources for carrying out research.
- PO9: Demonstrate humanistic and compassionate attitude in dealing with issues related to environment, gender equality ,yoga and health education etc. and reflect good self-image.
Programme Specific Outcome (PSO's)
- PSO1: Understand the functional use of various theories of education drawn from disciplines, related to education that is Psychology, Sociology, Economics and Management etc and various philosophies with their roles in educational research.
- PSO2: Understand the Epistemological, Axiological and Ontological perspective of a teacher education and insight into the process of research.
- PSO3: Discriminate among the role of Inter disciplinary, intra disciplinary and multi-disciplinary approaches in teaching and research.
- PSO4: Illustrate the ability to use information & communication technology for effective teaching learning (Blended mode).
- PSO5: Understand pedagogical issues related to teaching-learning and there by using the appropriate innovative teaching strategies to enhance learning
- PSO6: Project professional identity characterized by not only subject knowledge base and communication skills but professional ethics and values.
- PSO7: Evaluate the various approaches for the development of curriculum frame work, textbook instructional materials, evaluation and assessment tools in research.
- PSO8: Develop research skills as analytical and interpretative for writing the research proposal.
- PSO9: Comprehend the various method of designing research to prepare the research dissertation independently.
- PSO10: Understand the social systems, able to think and suggest in revamping measures of teacher education, educational policies and practices.
- PSO11: Make use of ability of social resilience i.e. to understand, tolerate, absorb and cope up with adverse conditions in life.