This two-year program is meant for graduate students from Hotel Management who are aspiring to work in the hospitality industry or striving towards the higher goals in the world of academics, hotel industry and hospitality industry.
The program concentrates on many Non-Operational areas like: Entrepreneurship management, Human Resources and Sales & Marketing. Arrays of specialisations are offered to the students to acknowledge their interest and choice. This course unleashes a streak of opportunities to work as Director of Facilities in Hotel/Restaurant, Sales Manager and Hotel Revenue Manager.
The program provides in-depth knowledge about the advance study that includes; Food & Beverage production and service, Room division management, bar operations etc. hence expanding the abilities and skills of the students about Hospitality trade.
- Formal Lectures, Assignments, Presentations, Intensive Research in Basic & Advanced Cuisines/Room Division Management/Food Marketing & Control/ Travel & Tourism.
- Flipped classes, Food & Beverages Lab sessions, Smart Classes, ICT Lab, E- Learning Resources.
- FDPs/ Conferences / Seminars/Workshops on Food & Beverages, Flower Arrangement.
- Industrial Internships/industrial Visits in Luxurious Hotels/ Restaurants/Wine & beer Distillery.
- Celebrity Chef Sessions, Guest Lectures by Training managers, Hospitality experts, Learning & Development Managers.
- Frequent Activities/Competitions in Food & Beverages/Housekeeping /Hospitality Quiz.
- Executives in Hotel/Restaurant, Sales Manager and Hotel Revenue Manager.
- Event Planners, Hotel General Manager, Restaurant Manager, Banquet Manager, Head of Service department.
- Executive of Events Hospitality, Sales and Marketing Professionals, Corporate director, Director of Operations Management, Operations and Planning Analyst.
- Director of Sales and Convention Management, Corporate Hospitality/Tourism.
- Additionally students can become Meeting and Event Planners, Hotel General Manager, Restaurant Manager, Banquet Manager, Head of Service department.
|Academic||Year||Tution Fee||Book Bank||NPTEL||Examination||Fee Total|
|MASTER OF HOTEL MANAGEMENT & CATERING TECHNOLOGY||2 years||55000||5000||Semester Pattern||78000|
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO-1 To develop capability to understand the advanced knowledge of Hotel industry for analyzing the business problems through applying research framework with futuristic approach
- PEO-2 To foster a confident and competent post graduate capable to solve real life practical problems of Hotel Industry and fulfilling the obligation towards society
- PEO-3 To implant an attitude for identifying and undertaking developmental work both in industry as well as academic environment with emphasis to continuous & comprehensive learning enabling to excel in competitive participation at a national and global level
- PEO-4 To foster and nourish effective communication and interpersonal skill to work in a team with a sense of ethics and moral responsibility for achieving goal
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Communication Skills -Students will be able to incorporate and summarize information and to professionally communicate their analyses, arguments, and recommendations to a variety of audiences/guests. Be skilled in written, oral, and visual communication and will be able to effectively choose communication methods that are appropriate to the topic, objective, and setting
- PO2: Quantitative Skills-Students will be able to understand, analyze and use quantitative data to make business decisions and report to stake holders. Identify quantitative characteristics of a problem, to examine and interpret numerical data and to analyze numerical data to derive conclusions.
- PO3: Critical Thinking Skills-Evaluate analyze and interpret information to solve problems and make effective business decisions. Interpret and evaluate unstructured situations; to define the problem; to apply theories to ambiguous situations and to draw conclusions and implement solutions.
- PO4: Ethics-Understand and estimate ethical issues and situations to make business decisions. Recognize ethical problems in both domestic and international business contexts identify alternatives and make appropriate ethical choices.
Programme Specific Outcome (PSO's)
- PSO1: To prepare students for entry level / middle managerial positions in hotels / allied areas (such as food & beverage service outlets; retails outlets; event / MICE companies; Tourism services companies; entertainment ; hospitality academics etc.)
- PSO2: To develop in-depth/ advanced knowledge of hotel management functions & management quality hotel management practices to operational & managerial work requirements
- PSO3: Work-out hospitality post graduate skilled human resource for middle level management positions and entrepreneurship in the hospitality industry
- PSO4: Demonstrate an ability to manage the professional preparation, presentation, and service of hospitality products including operational and non operational department of hotels