Master of Laws (LL.M) is a 2 year postgraduate degree in law. The students who have completed BA-LLB or LLB degree with 45% marks are eligible to pursue LLM. This Programme is meant for gaining an in-depth knowledge in the particular field of law through intensive research and advanced study.
The rich and comprehensive curriculum of the subjects taught in LLM such as Law and Social Transformation in India, Constitutionalism, Legal Research and Methodology, Judicial Process, etc. facilitate the students to develop profound knowledge of law and legal profession.
This Course also offers array of specialisations such as International Law, Corporate Law, Criminal Law, Taxation Law etc. to help the students to pursue their interest area to a great length and each specialisation unleashes a wide range of job opportunities in the legal world and other avenues such as civil services.
- Formal Lectures, Assignments, Presentations.
- Regular Guest Lectures, Case Studies, Research Projects, Moot Court.
- Flipped Classes, Smart Classes, E- Learning Resources.
- Workshops, Symposia, Seminars, Conferences, Internship Programs, District Legal Services Authority Programs.
- Visits to Consumer Court, Family Court, District Court, High Court, Legal Aid Clinic, Lok Adalat and Jails.
The LL.M Master’s Graduates can be employed in the field of-
- Legal Cells of Private and Public Sector Companies.
- State Bar Councils.
- Consulting Firms Indian and Foreign Law Firms.
- Legal Department of Foreign Companies.
- Multi- National Companies.
- Global Audit and Compliance Firms.
- Eligible for employment in Law Schools.
- Judiciary, Public Prosecutor, Advocacy, Law Reporter, Legal Advisors.
- Eligible for Doctoral Degree
|Academic||Year||Tution Fee||Book Bank||NPTEL||Examination||Fee Total|
|MASTER OF LAWS||2 years||40000||2000||Semester Pattern||55000|
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO-1 Graduates with an LL.M. degree will be able to demonstrate critical thinking in their area of selected specialty, which will lead to a successful career in the legal industry.
- PEO-2 Students who have already earned their LL.M. degrees will have the opportunity to improve their research skills and get closer to finishing their PhD degrees.
- PEO-3 Graduates of LL.M. programs will become active members of society who are willing to share their knowledge as teachers after completing their degrees.
- PEO-4 Graduates of post-graduate programs in LL.M. will be gifted with greater legal insights that will offer them an advantage in the judicial profession overmconventional law graduates. They will have an edge over their competitors as a result of these enhanced legal understanding.
- PEO-5 Postgraduates with an LL.M. degree will be able to function professionally and with ethical responsibility both as individuals and as members of interdisciplinary teams while keeping a positive attitude. This is a requirement for the position. In addition to this, they will have the capacity to lead people while maintaining a high degree of integrity.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Conduct independent research on a range of legal topics and problems using previous knowledge of primary and secondary sources of information.
- PO2: Acquire and demonstrate the ability to analyze in order to assess the various rulings handed down by domestic and international courts of law in addition to the various provisions of the law. In addition to this, rethink the points of view and arguments that prominent jurists and academics have presented.
- PO3: Exhibit a command of the substantive and/or procedural aspects of their chosen area of specialty, and provide answers that are based on this command of the subject matter.
- PO4: Carry out independent research on a range of topics and write articles based on what you discover from that investigation.
- PO5: Work on a range of social and legal issues, as well as build a sense of social responsibility and devotion. This is the fifth point of obligation.
- PO6: Utilizing contemporary resources for legal education will allow you to distinguish yourself as an experienced and qualified professional in today cutthroat business environment. This is the sixth and final objective.
- PO7: Implement a wide range of knowledge in order to be ready for higher research degrees while ensuring that you do not lose sight of the overall objective
- PO8: The ability to turn ones ideas into words and one words into practical solutions, which indicates one& capacity for critical thinking and demonstrates that one is able to convert one&thoughts into words
- PO9: Put ethical principles into practice and pledge to preserve professional ethics as well as the duties and requirements of legal practice
- PO10: Effectively communicate with members of the legal community and with the broader public on complex legal topics; in this manner, offer and transmit clear instructions
Programme Specific Outcome (PSO's)
- PSO1: Graduates with an LL.M. degree will have the ability to provide specialized expertise in the field of corporate law. This will be to the benefit of enterprises in general and will contribute to the growth of the business sector as a whole.
- PSO2: LL.M. post-graduates will be able to appreciate the significance of traditional legal areas in the society, such as Constitutional Law and Criminal Law, and demonstrate their research capabilities in contributing to the growth of these broader disciplines of law. In addition, they will be able to appreciate the significance of traditional legal areas in the society, such as Constitutional Law and Criminal Law. This is a prerequisite for participating in the program.
- PSO3: LL.M. post-graduates will be inculcated with the characteristics of critical thinking that are essential for an expert in international law, and they will be encouraged to employ their analytical abilities when doing any study in the legal sector. In addition, they will be inculcated with the characteristics of critical thinking that are essential for an expert in international law.