The Master of Physical Education and Sports is a two-years postgraduate degree program in physical education and sports which is designed to develop the critical thinking skills for conducting quantitative and qualitative research in the field of physical education and sports. IIMT University known as one of the Best Private Universities in Delhi NCR helps students understand the application of the various statistical techniques, analysis and interpretation of the research data in the field of physical education and sports though this course. It brings expertise in students to understand the physical body movements and their impact on the general health, fitness and wellness. It also enables students to design physical activity programs for the community.
- Opportunities for Specialization in Sports Biomechanics, Health Education, Sports Psychology, Sports Nutrition etc.
- Well Established Research and Development Cell.
- Online and offline library access.
- World Class Advanced Research Labs in the department (Anatomy and Physiology, Sports Medicine, Sports Psychology etc)
- Enhancement of athletic skills and Performances under the supervision of the Professionals.
- Opportunity to pursue PhD in Physical Education.
- A student having post graduation degree of MPES can be placed as a researcher.
- The students can be placed in government jobs and private jobs as physical education teachers.
- They can take up self-employment opportunities as fitness instructor, sports coach and fitness trainer in gyms and fitness centres, sports franchises, and in sports clubs.
- Further the students can pursue PhD in physical education and sports.
|MASTER OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION & SPORTS
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO-1 Physical Education is normally referred to as the science that aims to develop all-inclusive aspects of human personality through physical and sports activities. Physical education is a multidisciplinary subject that cannot be studied in seclusion under the scope of one or two subjects.
- PEO-2 The scope of Physical Education as a subject is very broad. It caters to the need for developing the capability of the students on physical, mental, and social aspects. Physical education also aims to develop activity as an alternate and prophylactic medicine. The key areas of study within Physical Education are ‘Exercise Physiology, Sports Psychology, Sports Sociology, Sports Management, Sports Journalism, Kinesiology- Biomechanics, Sports Training, Sports Medicine, etc.
- PEO-3 The degree program in Physical Education covers topics that overlap with the areas outlined above and that address the interfaces of Physical Education with other subjects such as Physiology, Bio-Chemistry, Physics, Physiotherapy, Psychology, Management, Sociology along with training pedagogy employed for enhancing the functional status of individuals with varied needs. As a part of the effort, to enhance the employability of graduates of Physical Education, programs include learning experiences that offer opportunities in various spheres of human existence.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Define learning outcomes for Master of Physical Education and Sports which encourages a holistic approach based on a socio-ecological perspective.
- PO2: Promote greater integration and balance between the social and physical sciences.
- PO3: Contextualize physical education with a set of attitudes and values that signify the importance of movement as a valued human practice.
- PO4: Centralize and acknowledge that the individual, in his /her search for personal meaning, once Educated in Health and Physical Education, would be able to make positive contributions to the Enhancement of Society.
- PO5: Promote the learning of new skills. Enhance, extend, inform and critique the deliberate use of exercise, play, sport and other forms of physical activity within and individual and societal context.
Programme Specific Outcome (PSO's)
- PSO1: The programme specific outcomes are: i) To know and apply discipline specific scientific and theoretical concepts critical to development of physically educated person.
- PSO2: To plan, design and implement learning experiences that facilitate and enhance the growth of learners of diverse needs from varying backgrounds.
- PSO3: To use effective communication and pedagogical skills and strategies to enhance student engagement & learning.
- PSO4: To utilize assessments and reflection to foster student learning and to inform instructional decisions.
- PSO5: To demonstrate dispositions essential to becoming effective professionals.
- PSO6: To understand the disciplinary content knowledge, application of content knowledge to teaching physical education. To be reflective practitioner who evaluates self and seek opportunities to grow professionally and humanistic-ally.
- PSO7: To be informed about and use appropriate technology to enhance teaching and learning and to enhance personal and professional productivity.
- PSO8: To foster relationship with colleagues, parents, community and associated agencies to support student’s growth & well-being.