The Master of Physiotherapy in Sports Medicine program at IIMT University is a postgraduate course that provides advanced knowledge and practical skills in the field of sports physiotherapy. This program is designed for physiotherapy professionals who are interested in specializing in sports medicine and wish to develop expertise in the area of sports injury prevention, management, and rehabilitation.
The course curriculum covers a range of topics, including anatomy and physiology of the musculoskeletal system, biomechanics of sports, exercise physiology, and principles of sports medicine. Students will learn how to assess, diagnose, and manage sports-related injuries, including the use of therapeutic techniques, equipment, and rehabilitation programs.
The course is taught by experienced physiotherapy professionals who are experts in the field of sports medicine. Students will have access to state-of-the-art facilities, including well-equipped laboratories and clinics, where they can gain hands-on experience in treating athletes with sports-related injuries.
Upon completion of the course, graduates will be able to provide high-quality care to athletes with sports-related injuries, and will be well-equipped to pursue research in the field of sports physiotherapy.
The Master of Physiotherapy in Sports Medicine program at IIMT University provides students with a comprehensive education in the field of sports physiotherapy. With a strong focus on practical experience and evidence-based practice, this program provides graduates with the skills and knowledge they need to make a real difference in the lives of athletes.
The Master of Physiotherapy in Sports Medicine program at IIMT University has several highlights, including:
- Comprehensive curriculum covering theoretical and practical aspects of sports physiotherapy, including the assessment, diagnosis, and management of sports-related injuries.
- Access to state-of-the-art facilities, including well-equipped laboratories and clinics, for hands-on experience in treating athletes with sports-related injuries.
- Experienced physiotherapy professionals as faculty who are experts in the field of sports medicine.
- Strong emphasis on evidence-based practice and research in the field of sports physiotherapy.
- Opportunity to develop advanced skills and knowledge in the use of therapeutic techniques, equipment, and rehabilitation programs for athletes with sports-related injuries.
- Potential career prospects in sports organizations, hospitals, private clinics, research, academics, consultancy, and leadership roles in healthcare organizations.
The Master of Physiotherapy in Sports Medicine program at IIMT University provides graduates with a range of career prospects in the field of sports physiotherapy. Some potential career options include:
- Sports Physiotherapist: Graduates can work with sports teams or individual athletes, providing preventive, diagnostic, and rehabilitation services for sports-related injuries.
- Sports Rehabilitation Specialist: Graduates can work in rehabilitation centers, providing treatment and rehabilitation for patients with sports injuries or conditions.
- Researcher: Graduates can pursue research in the field of sports physiotherapy, working in academic institutions, research organizations, or sports medicine clinics.
- Consultant: Graduates can work as consultants, advising sports organizations on injury prevention, rehabilitation, and management strategies.
- Academician: Graduates can choose to pursue teaching roles in physiotherapy education programs.
- Leadership Roles: Graduates can take on leadership roles in healthcare organizations, developing and implementing sports medicine and rehabilitation programs.
|Academic||Year||Tution Fee||Book Bank||NPTEL||Examination||Fee Total|
|MASTER OF PHYSIOTHERAPY (SPORTS)||2 years||50000||Annual Pattern||65500|
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO-1 Career objective : To Develop and create a competent physiotherapist who will utilize and practice professional principles of physiotherapy in self practice, hospitals, government and non-government organizations, academics, research institutes and cooperate settings.
- PEO-2 CAREER ASPECTS : Integrate knowledge of basic sciences and physiotherapy in order to modify treatment approaches that reflect the depth and scope of physiotherapy practice and clinical competency in evaluation, treatment planning and implementation
- PEO-3 The graduates will become employable, successful entrepreneur as an outcome of Industry-Academia collaboration.
- PEO-4 The graduates will embrace professional code of ethics while providing solution to multidisciplinary social problems in industrial, entrepreneurial and research environment to demonstrate leadership qualities.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Acquire the in-depth knowledge of structure and function of human body related to the respective branch( Cardiopulmonary, Neurology, Sports medicine and Orthopedics) of specialty.
- PO2: Acquire the in depth knowledge of movement dysfunction of human body, causes and principles underlying the use of physio therapeutic interventions, for restoring movement dysfunction towards normalcy.
- PO3: Demonstrate ability to critically appraise recent physio therapeutic and related medical literature from journals, adopt diagnostic and therapeutic procedures based on it.
- PO4: Demonstrate the skill in Physical and functional diagnosis pertaining to patient under care.
- PO5: Demonstrate the ability to make clinical decision and select appropriate outcome measures based on comprehensive knowledge of theoretical aspects of specialty.
Programme Specific Outcome (PSO's)
- PSO1: To promote health education and improved quality of life through socially accepted and ethical practice of the profession.
- PSO2: Develop the ability to collect history, relevant clinical assessment and frame appropriate electrotherapeutic and exercise therapy management for the patients.
- PSO3: Demonstrate clinical decision making ability and provide appropriate treatment.
- PSO4: Able to council the patient, family and students regarding all necessary aspect of physiotherapy treatment protocol.
- PSO5: Work effectively in various field like hospitals rehabilitation centers special school health and fitness center consultant in different sector such as corporate home care services industrial sector private consultation and sport injuries management.
- PSO6: the ability to compile and present research results, preparation of a pro position for the masters degree projects, identification of relevant area formulating the problem. Choice of research methods collecting and analyzing data ethical consideration in research presentation of results and participation in working in examinations seminar.
- PSO7: Advance knowledge of physiotherapy and the ability for formulate problems.