M.Sc. Biotechnology is a 2 year Postgraduate course. This Programme focuses on the advanced knowledge of the application of biology. It involves the study of the usage of living organisms to produce bio products.
It is an advanced course that helps students in making their career in research and development or gets employed in Pharma and Healthcare.
- Course involves Tutorials, Seminars, Guest Lectures, workshops and case studies.
- Study of the Quantitative assays and Protein fractionation.
- Techniques based on Molecular Biology are performed.
- All the equipments needed for practical work is easily available.
- Course allows refining the skills and knowledge of the students.
- Course helps in studying the chemical processes in living matter.
A huge number of opportunities in the field of Biotechnology which include roles like:
- Research Biochemist,
- Biotechnology Research Associate Engineer,
- Quality Controller etc.
|Academic||Year||Tution Fee||Book Bank||NPTEL||Examination||Fee Total|
|MASTER OF SCIENCE (BIOTECHNOLOGY)||2 years||25000||2000||1100||Semester Pattern||40100|
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO-1 The first objective of the Biotechnology is to prepare students to apply knowledge of basic concepts related with the subjects like biochemistry, RDT and Immunology so that students can develop the better understanding of metabolism, various analytical tools and different cells of immune system.
- PEO-2 The laboratory aspects along with theoretical subjects are included to prepare students them for careers in academic, industries, medical, agriculture and environmental sectors.
- PEO-3 Recent research in the areas of Genetics and molecular biology, Industrial Biotechnology, Bioreactor designing, Downstream processing, soil, Agriculture & Environmental Biotechnology, plant biotechnology are included to develop students in the field of research.
- PEO-4 The Master in Biotechnology Programme will address the globally growing requirement for trained technical and methodical manpower with a considerate mindset of understanding the research ethics involving animals and humans.
- PEO-5 To heighten career opportunities locally and globally in industrial sectors, pharmaceutical sectors, medical sector.
- PEO-6 To produce students who establish a promise to life-long learning and to generate and protect the intellectual property and contribute to their own and countries' development through entrepreneurship.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Apply the understanding of the numerous fields of zoology intended for graduate-level and post graduate-level courses and higher education.
- PO2: Describe basic concepts of zoology at molecular, cellular level,anatomy , physiology and reproduction at individual level.
- PO3: Learn the role of biosystematics in animal studies and acquire knowledge of animals including non chordates and and chordates.
- PO4: Learn the importance of biodiversity,ecological factors,conservation of environment and pollution control.
- PO5: Understand various applied fields of zoology like prawn culture, apiculture, , sericulture, lac culture, vermiculture,fisheries ,poultry, dairy farms etc
- PO6: Expertise in handling various laboratory equipment and accomplish the laboratory experiments.
- PO7: Students will get in-depth understanding of zoology through seminar presentations, project work, field visits and the combination of theoretical knowledge and practical skills.
Programme Specific Outcome (PSO's)
- PSO1: Ability to enhance the publication and writing skill in terms of research projects, thesis or paper.
- PSO2: To develop awareness of various ethical issues in terms of IPR, patent etc in biotechnology research.
- PSO3: Develop skill to present the work through visual, oral and written presentations, including an original research proposal.