M.Sc. Zoology is a 2 year postgraduate program. This course includes the study of existing and extinct animals.
Under this program, the students acquire adequate knowledge of Biodiversity and the anatomy of animals. M.Sc. Zoology is an advanced course that focuses on modern technology. This course equally covers theoretical and practical sessions.
- Deals with the study of animal kingdom.
- Program helps students work in animal biodiversity, wildlife conservation etc.
- Focus area help understand the chemical processes in living organisms.
- Suitable for people who wish to work as researchers.
- NPTEL and MOOCS, online courses are available.
- Equipped laboratories with the entire chemical available in it.
After doing this course job options are many like:
- Biomedical Scientist,
- Medicinal Chemist,
- Forensic Chemist.
|Academic||Year||Tution Fee||Book Bank||NPTEL||Examination||Fee Total|
|MASTER OF SCIENCE (ZOOLOGY)||2 years||1000||1100||Semester Pattern||27100|
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO-1 To apply the theoretical knowledge gained during the program to actual practice of laboratory animal science.
- PEO-2 To develop problem solving skills in students and encourage them to carry out innovative research projects thereby enkindling in them the spirit of knowledge creation.
- PEO-3 Understand the biological diversity and grades of complexity of various animal forms.
- PEO-4 To provide the students with diversity of knowledge so that they can utilize their knowledge for the welfare of the society.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Apply the understanding of the numerous fields of zoology intended for graduate-level and post graduate-level courses and higher education.
- PO2: Describe basic concepts of zoology at molecular, cellular level,anatomy , physiology and reproduction at individual level.
- PO3: Learn the role of biosystematics in animal studies and acquire knowledge of animals including non chordates and and chordates.
- PO4: Learn the importance of biodiversity,ecological factors,conservation of environment and pollution control.
- PO5: Understand various applied fields of zoology like prawn culture, apiculture, , sericulture, lac culture, vermiculture,fisheries ,poultry, dairy farms etc
- PO6: Expertise in handling various laboratory equipment and accomplish the laboratory experiments.
- PO7: Students will get in-depth understanding of zoology through seminar presentations, project work, field visits and the combination of theoretical knowledge and practical skills.
Programme Specific Outcome (PSO's)
- PSO1: Students get familiarized about the variety of animal species, their habitats, life cycle, and evolutionary processes
- PSO2: Students learnt about the external features,anatomy, physiological process, development, and reproductive process of animals.
- PSO3: Students learnt about molecular biology and cytogenetics with special reference to heredity and its importance in human health.
- PSO4: Gain knowledge about the infections and illnesses that harm the animals .
- PSO5: Understand biodiversity,conservation processes and its significance and causes of environmental pollution can help students for maintaining ecological balance.
- PSO6: Basic tools like statistics, models are used to evaluate biological data.
- PSO7: Learn about handling of various animals, laboratory equipment and accomplish the laboratory experiments.