IIMT University's CTM program is an interdisciplinary program that will focus on building planning, project coordination and enhancing knowledge & skills required for the successful implementation of the techniques on large projects like structure, building, palace design, construction, bridges, ship, bunkers, dams, soils, roads and domes etc.
Construction management engineers can create 2D and 3D models using computer-aided design technology such as AutoCAD and other types of software such as Revit and Primavera.Students who complete this course will have a career in the field of structural design and construction.
This course is of two years duration; Students undertaking coursework during the first year on various aspects of structural engineering will be required to complete coursework in the third and fourth semesters of the final year.
- M.Tech in Construction technology and Management is a postgraduate degree course program that bequeaths the scale of knowledge & concept. This can result in the enhancement of professionalism and successful projects.
- The study program of M.Tech Construction Technology and management focuses on inculcate methodology in the branch of construction.
- The key role of M.Tech construction technology and management is to build a computer-oriented construction technology and have a 360-degree view of the work.
- This branch of M.Tech not only gives the latest & revolutionary way of workings and unique outcomes. But also provides lastingness to the constructed building.
- M.Tech CTM also gives beneficial cognizance in the scientific abstraction of green construction technology.
Most popular career options after your post graduate degree in CTM are:
- Equipment operator manager,
- Construction managers,
- Site Engineer and site manager,
- Design Checker.
- Construction engineer can closely work with the architects and contractor.
- Providing technical advice for the construction and designing.
- Preparing design reports of work.
- Selecting best quality construction materials on site.
- Monitoring the work undertaken by contractors.
- Managing projects manager.
- Handling the plumber teams.
|MASTER OF TECHNOLOGY (CONSTRUCTION TECHNOLOGY & MANAGEMENT)
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO-1 To educate students in mathematical, scientific, civil engineering concepts necessary to formulate, analyze and solve engineering problems faced by society.
- PEO-2 To prepare students to communicate effectively, work harmoniously in teams with professional ethics and learn to adopt an integrated approach to problems in the field of electrical and electronics engineering by using the latest and advanced technology tools.
- PEO-3 To prepare students to have a broad understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply the acquired knowledge in solving complex and multidisciplinary engineering problems.
- PEO-4 To equip students with the knowledge to design and develop engineering solutions to the problems faced by society for its sustainable development with the help of environment- friendly technologies.
- PEO-5 To inculcate the ability among the students to explore and learn by themselves, the changes taking place continuously in the field of engineering and technology as part of the lifelong learning process.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO2: Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO3: Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO4: Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5: Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6: The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7: Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO9: Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11: Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12: Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Programme Specific Outcome (PSO's)
- PSO1: Developing systems, components, or processes in multiple areas of building technology and management.
- PSO2: Investigate and solve complex construction management problems. Use and develop innovative tools and methods suitable for the field of building technology and management.