Environmental engineers are concerned with tasks related to biodiversity, wasteland management, environmental balance and conservation of natural resources. Environmental engineers have many opportunities to work in the industries related to environment. They can perform tasks related to pollution control and waste management.
The study of Environmental Engineering includes environmental chemistry, environmental microbiology, physical, chemical and biological treatment, air pollution and control, water and wastewater treatment and treatment unit process design, environmental impact and assessment and environmental law in air pollution.
After completing the Master's in Environmental Engineering from IIMT University Meerut, students will be able to take on the responsibility of process design of treatment units in environmental microbiology, physical, chemical and biological treatment, air pollution and control, water and waste water treatment and air pollution.
- Environmental Engineering at IIMT University provides the best knowledge and newly invented technologies to the students in water transmission issues.
- Environmental engineering also provides employment opportunities in the field of sewerage treatment.
- Environmental engineers can also solve problems related to solid waste.
- Environmental engineers can also investigate the designing of a water treatment plant.
- The students have the quality of the activated sludge process.
- Environmental engineers will design the canal, dam and water pipeline.
Most popular career options after M.Tech EE are:
- Equipment operator manager,
- Site Engineer and site manager,
- Design Checker of treatment plant.
- Society worker.
- Pollution control officers.
- Designers, professors, planner and researchers.
|Academic||Year||Tution Fee||Book Bank||NPTEL||Examination||Fee Total|
|MASTER OF TECHNOLOGY (ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING)||2 years.||55000||5000||3600||Semester Pattern||81600|
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO-1 To educate students in mathematical, scientific, civil engineering concepts necessary to formulate, analyze and solve engineering problems faced by society.
- PEO-2 To prepare students to communicate effectively, work harmoniously in teams with professional ethics and learn to adopt an integrated approach to problems in the field of electrical and electronics engineering by using the latest and advanced technology tools.
- PEO-3 To prepare students to have a broad understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply the acquired knowledge in solving complex and multidisciplinary engineering problems.
- PEO-4 To equip students with the knowledge to design and develop engineering solutions to the problems faced by society for its sustainable development with the help of environment- friendly technologies.
- PEO-5 To inculcate the ability among the students to explore and learn by themselves, the changes taking place continuously in the field of engineering and technology as part of the lifelong learning process.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO2: Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO3: Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO4: Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5: Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6: The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7: Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO9: Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11: Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12: Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Programme Specific Outcome (PSO's)
- PSO1: Post-graduate students can utilize cutting-edge resources, and methods to evaluate environmental deterioration.
- PSO2: Evaluate the hazards and effects on the environment due to rapid urbanization and create environmental management plans.