The Department of Civil Engineering at IIMT University aims at producing quality engineers to meet the growing demand for technical manpower in the civil engineering sector. Structural engineers will be able to design buildings, bridges and other types of structures.
Structural engineers can create 2D and 3D models using computer-aided design technology such as AutoCAD and other types of software such as Revit and Primavera. They measure and press loads to secure structural soundness. After completing M.Tech SE students will be competent in Structure Designing, Construction Design, Repair and Maintenance, Rehabilitation and Conservation. Students who complete this course will have a career in the field of structural design and construction.
This course is of two years duration; Students doing research work during the first year on various aspects of structural engineering will be required to complete the coursework in the third and fourth semesters of the final year.
Eligibility Criteria & Duration
|Academic||Year||Tution Fee||Book Bank||NPTEL||Examination||Fee Total|
|MASTER OF TECHNOLOGY (STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING)||2 years||55000||5000||3600||Semester Pattern||81600|
Some unique features of the M.Tech Structure engineering are as
- Students will be able to analyse and solve problems related to BBS.
- Strong organisational skills to deal with the many different phases of a construction project on site.
- Interest in the design of buildings and how they are built.
- Students will be able to solve the problems related to bridge designing.
- The students can calculate different types of loadings on the structure.
- Structural engineers work closely with other professionals in the construction industry.
- Designing structure models of structures using computer software and recommend the best material to be used
Most popular career options after M.Tech in STR engineering are:
- Structural Design Engineer.
- Construction managers.
- Site Engineer and site manager.
- Design Checker.
- Structural engineer can closely work with the architects and contractor.
- Providing technical advice for the construction and designing.
- Preparing design reports of work.
- Able to do the calculations about design loads and stresses on structure.
- Selecting best quality construction materials on site.
- Monitoring the work undertaken by the contractors.
- Managing project managers.