Transport Engineering is an interdisciplinary program which will focus on enhancing the knowledge and skill development required for the successful implementation of the techniques on construction planning, project coordination and large project like design and construction of bridge, road, tunnel, railway line etc.
Highway engineers can create 2D and 3D models using computer-aided design technology such as AutoCAD and other types of software such as Revit and Primavera.
After completing a Masters in Transport Engineering from IIMT University, students will be able to undertake the responsibility of planning, designing, building, operating and maintaining these systems of transport in a manner that is safe, efficient and convenient.
Students who complete this course will have a career in the field of bridge and road construction. This course is of two years duration; Students doing research work during the first year on various aspects of structural engineering will be required to complete the coursework in the third and fourth semesters of the final year.
- The Transport Engineering at IIMT University provides best inspired knowledge and newly invented technology to the students and the nation which is helping in the construction of highways
- Transportation engineering not only provides job opportunities to the students but also provides best knowledge and innovative ideas to the students.
- The student will be able to build silos.
- The students will be building bunkers for the army.
- The transportation engineer may handle tasks related to the construction of pipelines and tunnels.
- Transport engineers also do the problem of space transportation.
Most popular career options after you complete M.Tech TE are:
- Equipment operator manager.
- Site Engineer and site manager.
- Design Checker.
- Providing technical advice for the construction and designing.
- Preparing design reports of work.
- Selecting best quality construction materials on site.
- Monitoring the work undertaken by the contractors.
- Managing project managers.
- Transportation technician.
- Transport manager.
- Transportation executive.
- Transportation modeller.
- Transportation innovation analyst.
- Transportation Planner.
|Academic||Year||Tution Fee||Book Bank||NPTEL||Examination||Fee Total|
|MASTER OF TECHNOLOGY (TRANSPORTATION ENGINEERING)||2 years.||55000||5000||3600||Semester Pattern||81600|
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO-1 To educate students in mathematical, scientific, civil engineering concepts necessary to formulate, analyze and solve engineering problems faced by society.
- PEO-2 To prepare students to communicate effectively, work harmoniously in teams with professional ethics and learn to adopt an integrated approach to problems in the field of electrical and electronics engineering by using the latest and advanced technology tools.
- PEO-3 To prepare students to have a broad understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply the acquired knowledge in solving complex and multidisciplinary engineering problems.
- PEO-4 To equip students with the knowledge to design and develop engineering solutions to the problems faced by society for its sustainable development with the help of environment- friendly technologies.
- PEO-5 To inculcate the ability among the students to explore and learn by themselves, the changes taking place continuously in the field of engineering and technology as part of the lifelong learning process.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO2: Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO3: Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO4: Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5: Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6: The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7: Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO9: Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11: Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12: Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Programme Specific Outcome (PSO's)
- PSO1: Plan, analyse, design, prepare cost estimates and execute all kinds of transportation Engineering Projects.
- PSO2: Apply modern time construction techniques, well equipment’s and management tools so as to complete the project within specified time and limited funds.