The Master of Science in Agriculture (Agronomy) program at IIMT University is a postgraduate degree program that offers advanced study and research in various aspects of agriculture. The program is designed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of crop production, soil management, plant breeding, and modern agricultural technologies.
The curriculum of the program is designed to equip students with the knowledge and skills needed to develop sustainable agriculture practices, increase agricultural productivity, and address challenges facing the agriculture industry. The program includes both theoretical and practical training, with a strong emphasis on research and industry exposure.
The program is taught by experienced faculty members with industry expertise and research backgrounds. The faculty members work closely with students to help them develop their research skills and explore their interests in agriculture.
Upon completion of the program, graduates can pursue various career opportunities in the agriculture industry, including agronomy, crop science, soil science, plant breeding, research, consultancy, and farm management. Graduates may also choose to pursue further education, such as a PhD, to further their careers in academia or research.
- Comprehensive curriculum covering crop production, plant breeding, soil management, and modern agricultural techniques and technologies.
- Emphasis on research and practical training to prepare students for a career in the agriculture industry.
- Experienced faculty with industry expertise and research backgrounds.
- Access to state-of-the-art facilities and equipment for research and practical training.
- Opportunities for internships and collaborations with leading agricultural companies and research institutions.
- Focus on sustainable agriculture practices to promote environmental and economic sustainability.
The Master of Science in Agriculture (Agronomy) program at IIMT University can prepare graduates for a wide range of career opportunities in the agriculture industry. Here are some potential career prospects:
- Agronomist or Crop Scientist
- Soil Scientist or Soil Conservationist
- Plant Breeder or Geneticist
- Agricultural Researcher or Scientist
- Agricultural Consultant or Advisor
- Farm Manager or Supervisor
- Agribusiness Manager or Marketer
- Agricultural Extension Officer or Educator
- Agricultural Economist or Policy Analyst
- Sustainable Agriculture Advocate or Activist
|Academic||Year||Tution Fee||Book Bank||NPTEL||Examination||Fee Total|
|MASTERS OF SCIENCE IN AGRICULTURE (AGRONOMY)||2 years||50000||2000||1100||Semester Pattern||66100|
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO-1 To provide the sound knowledge in the Agriculture and allied science subjects required to solve common problems in management of crop cultivation, improvement, livestock rearing and their marketing.
- PEO-2 To develop a good teaching-learning environment for higher studies and help in selection of professional careers in government and private organization, agro- based industries, educational/ research/extension, institutes etc.
- PEO-3 To provide adequate information about natural and other resources through a course curriculum for the betterment of life.
- PEO-4 To produce highly skilled professionals in field of various branches of agriculture to meet the need of various scientific agriculture institutions as well as farmers demand for agriculture professionals.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Understand the basic knowledge of agriculture and related subjects in the current scenario of Indian and world Agriculture.
- PO2: Develop an understanding of communication methods, resources utilization, cultivation of crops, management of crops, and value addition of agricultural produces.
- PO3: Develop the skills to manage agricultural farms, enhance quality of farm- produces and their commercial utilization.
- PO4: Demonstrate the methods used in collection, presentation of data and analysis of results of experiments in laboratories and fields and their validation.
- PO5: Understand all related methods in agriculture to increase the profit from crop fields and livestock.
- PO6: Learn to make optimum decision at various levels that enhances the success as an agricultural enterprise.
- PO7: Extension activities in agriculture and allied sectors around the local villages through Rural Agricultural Work Experience and Agro-industrial Attachment (RAWE & AIA).
- PO8: Harmonize the relation with Agriculture Research Institutions, State Agriculture Universities, Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVK), etc.
- PO9: Motivate for entrepreneurship, start-up through project planning and execution, research and training during field visits etc.
Programme Specific Outcome (PSO's)
- PSO1: Develop the knowledge based resources and technologies for the enhancement of decision-making ability in students for selection of higher studies in Agriculture.
- PSO2: Demonstrate the thoughts of the legal and ethical issues of the environment impacting agriculture and food security of the local and global population.
- PSO3: Establish a self-motivated system of agriculture education to attain the local and global demands of agriculture professionals in agriculture and allied sectors.
- PSO4: Develop operational resources for the efficient and cost effective implementation of agriculture education.