The Master of Science in Agriculture (Horticulture) program at IIMT University is a postgraduate degree program that offers advanced study and research in the field of horticulture. The program is designed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of horticultural science, including plant propagation, crop production, post-harvest management, and landscape design.
The curriculum of the program is designed to equip students with the knowledge and skills needed to develop sustainable horticulture practices, increase horticultural productivity, and address challenges facing the horticulture industry. The program includes both theoretical and practical training, with a strong emphasis on research and industry exposure.
The program is taught by experienced faculty members with industry expertise and research backgrounds. The faculty members work closely with students to help them develop their research skills and explore their interests in horticulture.
Upon completion of the program, graduates can pursue various career opportunities in the horticulture industry, including horticulture research, consultancy, management, and entrepreneurship. Graduates may also choose to pursue further education, such as a PhD, to further their careers in academia or research.
- Comprehensive curriculum covering all aspects of horticultural science, including plant propagation, crop production, post-harvest management, and landscape design.
- Hands-on practical training and research opportunities to prepare students for a career in the horticulture industry.
- Experienced faculty with industry expertise and research backgrounds.
- Access to state-of-the-art facilities and equipment for research and practical training.
- Opportunities for internships and collaborations with leading horticultural companies and research institutions.
- Focus on sustainable horticulture practices to promote environmental and economic sustainability.
Graduates of the Master of Science in Agriculture (Horticulture) program at IIMT University can pursue various career opportunities in the horticulture industry. Here are some potential career prospects:
- Horticulturist or Crop Scientist
- Nursery Manager or Propagator
- Landscape Designer or Architect
- Floriculturist or Ornamental Horticulturist
- Post-Harvest Specialist or Food Technologist
- Researcher or Scientist in Horticulture
- Agricultural Consultant or Advisor
- Horticultural Entrepreneur or Business Manager
- Horticulture Extension Officer or Educator
- Sustainable Horticulture Advocate or Activist
|Academic||Year||Tution Fee||Book Bank||NPTEL||Examination||Fee Total|
|MASTERS OF SCIENCE IN AGRICULTURE (HORTICULTURE)||2 years||50000||2000||1100||Semester Pattern||66100|
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO-1 To provide the sound knowledge in the Horticulture subjects required to solve common problems in management of crop cultivation, improvement, livestock rearing and their marketing.
- PEO-2 To develop a good teaching-learning environment for higher studies and help in selection of professional careers in government and private organization, agro- based industries, educational/ research/extension, institutes etc.
- PEO-3 To develop the skills for leadership, ethical integrity, and professional engagement in Horticulture and allied science.
- PEO-4 To provide adequate information about natural and other resources through a course curriculum for the betterment of life.
- PEO-5 To produce highly skilled professionals in field of various branches of Horticulture to meet the need of various scientific agriculture institutions as well as farmers demand for agriculture professionals.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Understand the basic knowledge of Horticulture and related subjects in the current scenario of Indian and world Agriculture.
- PO2: Develop an understanding of communication methods, resources utilization, cultivation of crops, management of crops, and value addition of agricultural produces.
- PO3: Develop the skills to manage agricultural farms, enhance quality of farm- produces and their commercial utilization.
- PO4: Demonstrate the methods used in collection, presentation of data and analysis of results of experiments in laboratories and fields and their validation.
- PO5: Understand all related methods in agriculture to increase the profit from crop fields and livestock.
- PO6: Learn to make optimum decision at various levels that enhances the success as an agricultural enterprise.
- PO7: Harmonize the relation with Agriculture Research Institutions, State Agriculture Universities, Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVK), etc.
- PO8: Motivate for entrepreneurship, start-up through project planning and execution, research and training during field visits etc.
Programme Specific Outcome (PSO's)
- PSO1: Develop the knowledge based resources and technologies for the enhancement of decision-making ability in students for selection of higher studies in Agriculture.
- PSO2: Demonstrate the thoughts of the legal and ethical issues of the environment impacting agriculture and food security of the local and global population.
- PSO3: Establish a self-motivated system of agriculture education to attain the local and global demands of agriculture professionals in agriculture and allied sectors.
- PSO4: Develop operational resources for the efficient and cost effective implementation of agriculture education.