IIMT University offers a Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing program for nurses who have already completed a Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery or a similar nursing program. The program is designed to provide students with advanced knowledge and skills in nursing and healthcare, and to prepare them for a range of career opportunities in the nursing profession. The program is recognized by the Indian Nursing Council and is approved by the Uttar Pradesh State Medical Faculty.
The Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing program at IIMT University is a two-year undergraduate program that builds on the knowledge and skills gained through a Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery or a similar nursing program. The program provides students with advanced education and training in nursing and healthcare, and covers a range of topics such as community health nursing, nursing research, and nursing education.
Overall, the Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing program at IIMT University is an excellent choice for nurses who want to advance their careers and gain advanced education and training in nursing and healthcare. The program is designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in the nursing profession and to make a meaningful contribution to the healthcare industry.
- Comprehensive training: The program provides students with comprehensive training in nursing and healthcare, including both theoretical and practical training.
- Recognition and approval: The program is recognized by the Indian Nursing Council and is approved by the Uttar Pradesh State Medical Faculty.
- Experienced faculty: The program is delivered by experienced faculty members who are committed to providing students with high-quality education and training.
- Clinical experiences: The program includes clinical experiences in various healthcare settings, providing students with the opportunity to work with patients and healthcare professionals and to apply their knowledge and skills in real-world situations.
- Emphasis on research and education: The program places an emphasis on nursing research and education, which are essential components of the nursing profession.
- Career opportunities: Graduates of the program are prepared to pursue a variety of career opportunities in the field of nursing, including as registered nurses in hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare settings. They can also pursue advanced education and training in nursing specialties.
- Focus on community health: The program includes training in community health nursing, which is an important aspect of the nursing profession that focuses on promoting health and preventing illness in the community.
Graduates of the Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing program at IIMT University can pursue a range of career opportunities in the nursing profession. Some of the common career options for nursing graduates include:
- Registered Nurse (RN): Graduates can work as registered nurses in hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, rehabilitation centers, and other healthcare settings.
- Nurse Educator: Graduates can pursue a career in teaching and can work as nurse educators in nursing schools, colleges, and universities.
- Nurse Manager: Graduates can work as nurse managers or nurse administrators and can oversee the operations of a nursing unit or department.
- Nurse Practitioner: Graduates can pursue advanced education and training and become nurse practitioners. Nurse practitioners are advanced practice nurses who can provide primary care and specialized services.
- Nurse Researcher: Graduates can pursue a career in nursing research and can work as nurse researchers in universities, research institutes, and healthcare organizations.
- Clinical Nurse Specialist: Graduates can specialize in a specific area of nursing, such as critical care, oncology, or pediatrics, and can work as clinical nurse specialists.
- Public Health Nurse: Graduates can work as public health nurses and can promote health and prevent disease in the community.
|Academic||Year||Tution Fee||Book Bank||NPTEL||Examination||Fee Total|
|POST BASIC BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (NURSING)||2 years||85000||3000||Annual Pattern||104500|
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO-1 Prepare graduate nurses with sound personal and professional development.
- PEO-2 Practice for graduate nurses for promotive, preventive, curative and restoration of health care services adhering to ethical values.
- PEO-3 Prepare nurses for skill development in communication and inter personal relationship.
- PEO-4 prepare nurses for Engaging them in continuous professional and personal development.
- PEO-5 Practice ethical values in their personal and professional life to achieve the goal .
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: To upgrade the diploma nurses to assume responsibility as professional, competent nurses and midwives at basic level in providing promotive, preventive, curative and rehabilitative services.
- PO2: To enable them to make independent decisions in nursing situations, protect the rights of and facilitate individuals and groups in pursuit of health, function in the hospital, community nursing services and conduct research studies in the areas of nursing practice. They are also expected to assume the role of teacher, supervisor, and manager in the clinical/public health setting.
Programme Specific Outcome (PSO's)
- PSO1: Assess health status, identify nursing needs, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care for patients that contribute to health of individuals, families and communities.
- PSO2: Demonstrate competency in techniques of nursing based on concepts and principles from selected areas of nursing, physical, biological and behavioral sciences.
- PSO3: Participate as members of health team in the promotive, preventive, curative and restorative health care delivery system of the country.
- PSO4: Demonstrate skills in communication and interpersonal relationship.
- PSO5: Demonstrate leadership qualities and decision making abilities in various situations.
- PSO6: Demonstrate skills in teaching to individuals and groups in community health settings.